Flebay Final Value Fee !!

maarksparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
wha a fcking joke... just sold an unwanted upgrade for £178 and the feckers have charged me 10% final value fee..

has it been recently raised ??? never used to be the case, I have checked my old invoices and it was never as high as this..

fecking sick of the feckers... they shaft you to to insert then final value fee and then paypal fee fecking brilliant....

been swearing since last half an hour.. thier customer support is shut aswell otherwise I would have given them a piece of mind...

I find that eBay is a complete rip off.

The insertion fees, the final value fees and then when they pay by PayPal you get stiffed there as well.

The only problem is where else can you sell all of your old crap off???

I find that starting the item price at £0.99 makes the insertion fees quite cheap, but as for the rest of the fees.......

the insertion fee doesnt make a difference at all.. a good listing usually costs around £2 approx... wha a fecking joke..

DW lets make an auction site and say no to flebay...

the insertion fee doesnt make a difference at all.. a good listing usually costs around £2 approx... wha a fecking joke..

DW lets make an auction site and say no to flebay...

that would be good.. been meaning to sell the mrs underwear..

would have to make it open to anyone.. not just dw members..

ive not used ebay or paypal in just over a year.. sick of getting ripped off by customers...

keep getting emails from paypal saying you not used the site in a long...... feck off i aint payin you to rip me off more..

I find that eBay is a complete rip off.

The insertion fees, the final value fees and then when they pay by PayPal you get stiffed there as well.

The only problem is where else can you sell all of your old crap off???

I find that starting the item price at £0.99 makes the insertion fees quite cheap, but as for the rest of the fees.......

Your local car boot sale or local paper.
I have used ebay once and i never will again as its a load of kak.
When i advertised my old stuff i wanted to sell in my local paper (which was 100% free) i sold it within 2 days of the paper going out.

jesus, them guys at ebay have got a licence to print money

The problem is, its practically a monopoly. Where else is there really to go? (besides locally)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a Dublin local site where you can list your used household items - if someone wants them they collect. Not an auction site, so so payback. It clears out heavy/bulky items and may save a skip.

Dublinwaste.ie - Home - the Dublin Waste Management and Recycling Information site

Personally, I'd go the car boot sale route not Flebay for CDs DVDs etc - not worth it when you take the time to wrap and post.

pkinsella

There's no insertion fee on ebay if your starting price is 99p.

There are lots of online auction sites besides ebay. Ebid is a UK site with no insertion fees and a low final valuation fee.

If you want to give stuff away for free to get rid of it try Freecycle, there are 100's of pages all over the world to give away, or get stuff for free.

Love or hate Ebay, they ae no different to any auctions on or off the internet.

Even auction houses like Christies charge a listng fee and take a percentage of the final valuation. It's normal practice.

The problem is more people accept it than dont, so until people start voting with their wallets ebay will continue to make millions.

If you made money on an unwated upgrade then you are still a winner.

after item is sent, arrange with buyer to cancel the transaction so ebay refund fees. sold 2 ps3s and got back the 35 quid i would have had to pay.

Is it not a case of working ou the fee and wacking it onto the postal charge ? Mind you might be a bit big if you are expecting 175+ for the goods. That is a fair hit on the final cost but it is hard to go by flebay for getting rid of stuff. do you know if this is a recent hike in fee?

I don't know, it had been ages since I last sold anything on ebay and when I got the bill my mouth dropped, I couldn't believe it. But after cancelling the two auctions I now owe them the grand total of 24p. I don't know where that accumulated though lol.

think it works out something like 15% - 20% cut of the winning bid if they pay through paypal as well

listing fee
final valuation fee
paypal fee
transfer to bank account fee

u can see they engulfed labour's idea of taxing people

What really gets my goat about ebay is when people bid waaaaaaaaaaaay to early, pushing the price up. Surley we all want a bargain?

Back