flashing on my modem

srooth

Inactive User
Reaction score
just come in from work and found that my SB4200i is flashing, power light on and the other just flashes. have been away from this forum for some time so i have not been keeping up with the threads.

does this meean its bricked and the end of the road for this modem. can not http://192.168.100.1 onto it. i have another that was conected at the time and that looks ok. have disconnected it.
What is happening???? i'm in Notts

Last edited:
Thanks for that, i have spen the last hour looking at some of these threads. is there an answer on the sb4200 not the 250. is this modem ready for the bin

Thanks for that, i have spen the last hour looking at some of these threads. is there an answer on the sb4200 not the 250. is this modem ready for the bin
it has been said there is 2 fixes but neither are 100% proved and a member said he was working on another
the only one that is said defo to work is lifting the tsop and rewriting it

just had a read of the thread before you posted. looks like its bricked. will keep an hold until it cools down.

i have managed to get onto the modem - configuration Manager / Hack - does this mean its not bricked - but i still have the flashing lights on

yes it not bricked if you can get in there try a new mac
and check your signal

how do i protect the modem from being hit change the firmware?????? it never flashed like this when the last mac went down???

If you've still got access i'd try a reflash of the firmware but before you put it back on the network change any telnet access or default usernames and passwords for the modem so that it cant be remote accessed.

odd thing is im on two 4100`s and they havent mised a beat

Its odd that we are hering of 4200 going down but

no reports of the 4100 going down.

Arent most of the 4100's on a different hack from the 4200's. Its probably a similar approach but its been a while that i cant remember exactly. And possibly if it is the CC causing this havoc they may only be targeting a certain level of modems with the intensions of upgrading the systems(its a possibility)

I have a 4100 been unplugged for a while but gave it a try as 250 is cooked,
ive tried a few different macs but it wont play ball, i can get into the config page and all looks ok (but its been a while so i dunno tbh)

I have a 4100 been unplugged for a while but gave it a try as 250 is cooked,
ive tried a few different macs but it wont play ball, i can get into the config page and all looks ok (but its been a while so i dunno tbh)

this iiis only a guess work but im wondering id there baning your hardwear lan card macs one you be indentified as a clone.

try useing a diferent lan card or spoof the mac then try.

its worth a try.

Back