Flashing My 360

gravedigger

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I finally got my missus to agree to me spending £300 on a 360 today as long as i dont spend spend spend on games.

Is there anybody in Bromsgrove (Worcs) or surrounding areas that would be willing to flash my Samsung drive with the best Firmware to date.

Any help is a great help. Id do it myself but get lost at the point of opening it up never mind flashing and backing up orignal firmware.

Thanks Guys and girls

: santahat

Hi all

I finally got my missus to agree to me spending £300 on a 360 today as long as i dont spend spend spend on games.

Is there anybody in Bromsgrove (Worcs) or surrounding areas that would be willing to flash my Samsung drive with the best Firmware to date.

Any help is a great help. Id do it myself but get lost at the point of opening it up never mind flashing and backing up orignal firmware.

Thanks Guys and girls

id check to see what drive you have mate i brought 1 last week only to find it cant be flashed!!!

hes already said its a sammy-and all sammys are doable

id check to see what drive you have mate i brought 1 last week only to find it cant be flashed!!!

Yeah its defo a Samsung mate. Bought it from currys with pro evo and pgr for £300. Werent to bad altho i think pro evo is a load of pants.

So there no where local that can help. I am willing to travel and being close to Birmingham id of thought there be loads out there who could do it for me.

My ? is why cant they make a exe of some sort, and use the conventional way like the PSP. I flashed that with latest firmware with nps whatsoeva. Was thinking maybe u could put a small exe on memory card or h/d and run the exe from there to flash, or even connect up through usb with out opening 360 and rumnning a exe.

Time will tell i spose but thers no way i wanna contemplate opening up this baby :(

getting it open is the easy part, it's the reading the f/w from the rom where i am struggling.

just done my first sammy today?

wasnt a pleasont experience like the hitachi's ive done :(

got there in the end, after about 6 hours of stress :Chainsaw:

I thought doing sammy's were easier than hitachi drives, or am I wrong?

all depends on your setup really-personally i think sammys are easier-but hitachis are just as easy really

Hi all

Thanks Guys and girls

Right.

To any1 that lives in my direction which is worcestershire i have found a website that seems to be able to do it.

The site wants £30 for the flashing and also seem to do many other things as well as 360s.

Has any body had any experience with Ghost2fitter, Console, mod chip, swap magic, fitting & supplies

Thank you all for your time.

I was told £50 by a shop in Bradford, he also told me I can't go online with it.

BTW, violentj, Do you need a sata connection to flash both drives?

if your planning on being able to do both drives you are gunna want a sata-if u only want to do hitachi drive u can get away with just a usb to sata convertor
if ur just doin a sammy ur gunna want a sata

im thinking of getting mine done now, but i dont think i could do it myself. ive done modems and dbox's but i dont trust myself with a 360. is there anyone in south london, well anywhere in london as id drive there who'd be kind enough to flash mine? id sort u out with a few beers or money for your troubles. ive got a hitachi drive, not sure what version as i havent opened it

Back