Fkin robbing gas meter tw@

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
i got one of these quantam meter gas card things, against my wishes, to repay 10 quid a week to supplier, i told them i didnt want one, as my missus had on and theyre robbing things, i was assured that this would not be the case, and id only pay what i use, plus 10 quid on a wednesday, and the small standing charge of a few pence a day

when im not in, everything in the house except one thing is turned off, this includes the heating thats turned down to 5 degrees. sometimes im not home for days at a time, and when i am home, its normally just to sleep, so i dont even bother with the heating then either, but when the kids are here (8-10 days a month) its on as normal to keep it a comfortable level

26/11 put 80 quid on card, that run out on the 13/12, but as the kids werent here i left it off, 18/12 put 40 quid on card, heating was on 18/19/half day 20th then was off untill 26th

last night it went off again, just put another 15 quid on the card, and im left with 2.37 of emergency credit, which will be gone by the end of today

WHAT THE FOOK IS GOING ON WITH THIS THING??????

ive been sent a 'dump card' to read everything off the meter and send back to them for analysis, but if they tell me its right, itll be coming out and a bit of flexible pipe going in its place

being ripped off to fook with these meter things, i hate them

See if you can change to Ebico

They are the cheapest gas supplier if you have to have a quantum meter by far. You just have to convince them to take on your debt. Saved me a (not so small), fortune over the last year.

The price of gas is 3.675p per kWh inc. VAT. (Flat rate). I bet your paying a lot more than this.

Last edited:
I take it you didn't connect the calor gas bottles,? It's time to **** gas off in the uk.. Time for coal burning again.. Get it opened up cmon you know u want to..

a guy i know just turns his meter the other way round and it burns backwards.dont try it with a pay meter as it has a tilt cut off built in.also his meter is in the house.

if its british twat gas, your paying 8.6p per unit/kw or close, after 2600 or so units it drops to 3.4p per unit/kw.

BG are robbing twats and if they want to take me to court for saying so i will win.

3 times as much nearly for gas up to 2600 or so units/kw then a discounted rate of 3.4p, wheres the fecking discount? .02 of a pence after you've paid 3 times as much nearly for 2600 odd units.

ebico as stated do meters with no standing charges and a flat rate all year round at 3.6p or close to it. no standing charges no meter charges, you pay on a meter the same as people paying DD or quarterly.

anyone who uses BG on a meter is fecking insane, if it was anything else like a retailer selling a tv at 3 times as much the trading standards would be on them like a shot but these robbing twats get away with it.

oh and not all meters have a tamper device, and i do mean pre pay meters as well as normal meters.

use big STRONG magnets, a few of them , slow the feckin wheel down :Clap:

I use prepay meters cos i don't like bills, but in the last year the costs seem to have risen sharply. I have just switched over to Ebico mentioned in this thread, since i don't owe any of these robbers money i don't see why i should be getting ripped off the way i appear to be - prepay is simply a convenient budgetting choice. hopefully i will see an improved costing with these new people. Thanks for the tip !:)

Been with Ebico for gas and electric by PPM for 18 months and have noticed a big drop in the amount I was paying before, they are a non-profit organization or something along those lines so don't charge you stupid money for essentials.

if its british twat gas, your paying 8.6p per unit/kw or close, after 2600 or so units it drops to 3.4p per unit/kw.

BG are robbing twats and if they want to take me to court for saying so i will win.

3 times as much nearly for gas up to 2600 or so units/kw then a discounted rate of 3.4p, wheres the fecking discount? .02 of a pence after you've paid 3 times as much nearly for 2600 odd units.

ebico as stated do meters with no standing charges and a flat rate all year round at 3.6p or close to it. no standing charges no meter charges, you pay on a meter the same as people paying DD or quarterly.

anyone who uses BG on a meter is fecking insane, if it was anything else like a retailer selling a tv at 3 times as much the trading standards would be on them like a shot but these robbing twats get away with it.

oh and not all meters have a tamper device, and i do mean pre pay meters as well as normal meters.

I totaly agree thommo imo energy com panys need to become regulated again.

do you need to get your gas meter changed when you join ebico.also my meter is not a prepay.i pay my bill monthly is that ok.thanks

Back