Five arrests made following investigation into satellite card sharing website

or is it a very small amount of data being downloaded ?

In its ultimate form, cs can equate to the equivelent of only 2 bytes per second. Even with protocol info, you really shouldn't be needing more than 16 bytes per second. I'd guess the main factor here would be your ethernet packet size rather than the actual datasize.

lol this is not what someone on the verge of jumping to sats from cable wanna hear but its good to know.

Is the other method of buying a PAYgo bb stick ok and get around the issue ? Then again couldnt they just check whos been Paypalling them lately and get name/address and still boom?!

Wouldnt you just be topping it up all the time or is it a very small amount of data being downloaded ? would hate to keep topping it up monthly...

Surely you have to sign up to the network in the first place to get the dongle dont you ?
So they monitor the traffic on your dongle and you can still get caught cant you ?

thats why just a few family & friends sharing is the best and you can even do it over a vpn for even secure traffic

Anyone know whether this facility is built into CCCAM i.e: can you encrypt traffic between server and clients ?
Also is it even worth it if it is possible, i,e: how much extra CPU overhead, traffic overhead does this take and is there any noticable performance impact...channel glitching etc..

dont use default anything, use the same ports xbox live or playstation network use (as long as you dont actually use those services yourself) use a port that video streaming or conference calling via webcam would use

any person who has a fair bit of traffic on port 12000, its not hard to see theyre using cccam for a share, and if thats left on default, then the receiver password probably is as well, so the isp will log through your router, and just take your cccam.cfg

reverse lookup the dns address of the server you connect to, use the authorities to then take the server, along with the details of everyone who connects to it, they then look up the IPs of all the connections and it starts all over again

DONT USE DEFAULT ANYTHING!!!!!

Do they have to confiscate the server to prove their case of these terrible evil wrongdoings:D ??

if people are dull enough to leave their server running on default everything, then they wouldnt need to m8, they could just log into it and take the config files, and log people from there

Are the CWs encrypted?

A bit deep packet inspection would be better than looking at ports and volume.

Thanks Bod for posting the link to the news items. At first glance all the news stories appear to be about major counterfeiting operations. We might see a parallel with the drugs arena, where the police usually leave personal users alone, unless they come under the radar for other reasons. But I will definitely try to avoid my computer being used as a major pipeline for counterfeiting activities,
chris

Last edited by a moderator:
In its ultimate form, cs can equate to the equivelent of only 2 bytes per second. Even with protocol info, you really shouldn't be needing more than 16 bytes per second. I'd guess the main factor here would be your ethernet packet size rather than the actual datasize.

16 bytes a second = 128kb upload, I don't think there is many home users who will be able to C/S with more then one or two people.

funnyly enough I was thinking about looking into how easy it would be to use cccam with openvpn...

Keep away from pay servers they get busted you are in the shite

agreed.
not only that,
these fookers are going to ruin it for the rest of us when the satellite providers and anti fraud agency's start cracking down.

Aren't 16 Bytes just that, 16 Bytes?

Indeed they are !

Think someone managed to confuse bytes with kbytes. 16 bytes is the equvelent of 128bits per second, not 128kbits/sec !

Even good old dialup should be able to handle that rate although, as I mentioned, the limiting factor is probably your ethernet packet size - thats usually substantially larger than 16 bytes.

Still, it shouldn't be more than 1 packet every 8 seconds or so.

You could think of CS as a low datarate p2p network where you limit each incomming client to maybe 1-2k per sec max.

Last edited:
In Networking terms its not that difficult to dectect the 30Mile arera of a 3g dongle and appoximate location, and detection software can detect the dongole and home in its location

All though im not sure if this is a bit hi-tec for pc plod

Back