Fitting a Radio Frequency Room Thermostat

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
At home I have a basic dial manual thermostat on my hall wall to set/turn on my central heating this one
image.jpeg

I have brought a Salus RT300RF Radio Frequency Room Thermostat..this one so I can turn on set heating from a portable thermostat...

image.jpeg

My question is..is the receiver unit easy to fit/swap with the dial thermostat..

Wiring diagram/manual

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

This is the wiring on current thermostat
image.jpeg

This is the new one..I can see where to put the live and neutral but stumped where the yellow goes..had a test wire and tried yellow in both NO and COM but it did not turn heating on...

image.jpeg

Help!!

Last edited:
Hi @AJT,

i am not 100% but I think you need to make a link from the live to the COM, then when you call for heating the normally open NO will become closed, and will send the live switch signal down the yellow to the boiler / valves, etc to call for heat.

I cannot seem to download that manual so I'm not sure to be honest.

Also, you will need to be 100% the blue is netraul or you will kill the thermostat mate, from memory two in the old honeywells are netraul, I can't remember which one is which for 3 and 1.

Good luck mate, and be safe at all times, and I know you don't want to hear this but if you really are unsure get in a pro, it's a 5 minute job for them psl

Last edited:
Hi mick..
Thanks for getting back to me..
I have done tests and yes blue is 100% neutral..
Using old thermostat when the themostat it's activated ie calling for heat/clicked on..the yellow then becomes live and activating heating..when thermostat is clicked off yellow is dead.
yes I believe you are correct and I'm going to wire by making a bridge from live to com then yellow to N/O and spurred live to live and neutral to neutral.

Hi mick..
Thanks for getting back to me..
I have done tests and yes blue is 100% neutral..
Using old thermostat when the themostat it's activated ie calling for heat/clicked on..the yellow then becomes live and activating heating..when thermostat is clicked off yellow is dead.
yes I believe you are correct and I'm going to wire by making a bridge from live to com then yellow to N/O and spurred live to live and neutral to neutral.

Please post your results I have been looking at a hive but found it was incompatible with my boiler. I have an identical thermostat to yours at the moment.

Cheers

Brilliant that did the trick..
Fully tested and working as it should..no more going into hall to turn on the heating...cheers @Mick,

@rawsy yes mate a much cheaper but fully functioning mobile room thermostat..you can have it in any room you want...
The wiring is as this..bear in mind it's upside down..
image.jpeg

Live (red for me)goes to L the Neutral (blue)goes to N,The yellow or switch wire depending on your colour goes to NO with a bridge going from your live input to Com..jobs a good one..was only £32 from bamazon for the set up
Code:

Mobile (sender)thermostat unit...just use the up or down to set your temp..works a treat..

image.jpeg

Reciever box fully fitted...big bonus is it fits the excisting mounts for the Honeywell so no drilling more holes..

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant that did the trick..
Fully tested and working as it should..no more going into hall to turn on the heating...cheers @Mick,

@rawsy yes mate a much cheaper but fully functioning mobile room thermostat..you can have it in any room you want...
The wiring is as this..bear in mind it's upside down..
View attachment 94712

Live (red for me)goes to L the Neutral (blue)goes to N,The yellow or switch wire depending on your colour goes to NO with a bridge going from your live input to Com..jobs a good one..was only £32 from bamazon for the set up
Code:

Mobile (sender)thermostat unit...just use the up or down to set your temp..works a treat..

View attachment 94713

Reciever box fully fitted...big bonus is it fits the excisting mounts for the Honeywell so no drilling more holes..

View attachment 94714

one thing, great job, however you have used the wrong size crimps, you should of used the red ones.

personally I would of used wago push connectors mate.

Just a small detail mate

mick

Yes just Used what I had..crimps where nice and tight and done the job.

Back