first signing for the gunners perhaps ?

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hleb to put pen to paper within days
25 June 2005
It would appear that Arsene Wenger is about to make his first signing of the summer following protracted negotiations with VfB Stuttgart.
Winger Alexander (or Aliaksandr) Hleb looks to be coming to Highbury on a four year, £25,000 pound a week deal.
Wenger is quoted as saying to the German press: "The transfer will be completed in the next few days. I think he can start packing his bags to come to us."
The fee is reported to be around six million pounds.

might need to sign a striker as van pursey is locked up for another 2 weeks, hopefully its some tart that is after money and gets caught out

but no smoke without fire......

but yeah this guy was supposed to of taken the bundas liga by storm last season so hey you never know, im more looking to see if we get a proppa house hold name ???

but money is tight witht he new stadium, looks like reyes might sign a new deal (and he has not played like he can maybe this might settle him down) and if we can keep hold of pires, henry, vieira.... we already have a great squad so looks bright....

oh yes ashley cole lol... forgot about him maybe he might stay after a good season....

hopefully we can tap up some players of our own ;)

Mickie D said:
oh yes ashley cole lol... forgot about him maybe he might stay after a good season....

hopefully we can tap up some players of our own ;)

I know it's all water under the bridge (excuse the pun ... lol) but I really think Arsenal shot themselves in the foot reporting us to the FA over the Ashley Cole tap up ... As it turns out he's not happy with the management anyway and an unsettled player can't be a good thing ? I think I would have took the £20 - £30 million Chelsea would have paid for him and said "good riddance" and had some cash to strenghten the squad

Anyway at the end of the day I'm glad we never got him ... Asier Del Horno seems as good a player and only (only ! ... lol) cost £8 million ... I watched him in the England v Spain friendly and he looked a blinder :) anyway I hope Cole settles down for you this season ... but I reckon you'll be getting some pennies soon from Real Madrid ;)

we might of shot ourselfs in the foot agreed but when does the chelsea rule book end ?

should arsenal have not said a word and let chelski do what they want ?, sooner or later you will make a mistake you cant buy your way out of or you might come across a team like arsenal who you cant pay off (tottenham just goes to show why they are where they are as they have no morals or they might have 10 million morals now lol)

and its true what the papers say about it aswell the english FA are prepaired to wipe it under the rug whatever chelsea do but they wont dare do it abroad as the UEFA will not stand for it.... just goes to show what kind of league we have here :(

i used to bang on about manchester utd cheating lol, but at least they could argue i am talking shit as nothing is proved but for chelsea you are the biggest cheats in the game i have never seen anything so blatent in my life and the way you get away with it all is amzing lmao.... could chelsea of bribed refs last season lolololololol i have a point this time im sure lol

Mickie this sort of thing as been going on since the begining of time, it's just that the pound notes involved have gone crazy, I bet there is not one team in any of the English leagues (let alone the premiership) that have not tapped up another player or manager or agent or whatever in the past, are they all cheats ? or is it just that Chelsea are so in the Limelight and everyone is trying to expose everything we do because of the money & power ? ... take Tottenhams Agent Arnsen ... if that had been someone like Charlton or WBA tapping him up nothing would have been said (probably cos he wouldn't have gone ... lmfao :)) but you see what I mean ? same as Cole ... if it had been say Bolton tapping him up do you think Arsenal would have kicked off and risked upsetting the player himself like they have ? (after all it was proved that COLE started the secret negotiations not Chelsea) I think it was maybe just a case of Arsenal trying to strenghten their posistion against us with the FA in future ... I do agree Mickie that Chelsea are going in the wrong direction with all this and as we've spoke about before it's mainly down to that cnut Kenyon ... he does it wherever he goes, as for buying the refs off I think after that Anders fisk row (is that he's name ?) after he resigned after the Barca game I don't think to many refs will have the time of day for us ... lol ...

Chelsea gone power crazy ? ... yes ... Cheats ? ... no

well if you think chelsea employ kenyon and he is a cheat then i guess you are cheats ?

everyone calls arsenal cheats on the pitch because we have pires i have to say its true he is a cheat the rest aint but he plays for us and he should be fined for dragging our name into the dirt!

and you say its been going on before the beggining of time then maybe but everyone else wont go and have a meeting with cole where everyone can see, then kenyon strangely bumps into rio (fancy seeing you here lmao), then after all the tapping you go and fax over a tap up lmao and then the boat pictures after all this lolololol... comon there is ways to do things and to do them with no respect for the league or anyone else because of the money juggernaut that is chelsea its no example and its just saying F*CK EVERYONE we dont care we can buy the TITLE and the FA and pay off any punishment that we should be getting.

and before you say its been going on for years i know this already but as said above there is ways to go about things.

and my real feelings that you done what you did to the gooners is not to buy cole but to get caught and to cause ill feeling between the fans... because chelsea won last season but still are not limelight of the season.... the biggest english matches was arsenal vs manchester utd and that will continue because we hate each other you can see the players hate each other aswell, you cant buy the passion played in them games, and chelsea need a rival quick something they can build up as one of the best games of the season and until you get that passion in games you wont be in the same league as the mancs and the gooners for drawing viewers and bringing in new fans!

so there you have it my little bit of midsummer murders lmao.

what bronto says is right, tapping up has been there for ever, and every club has done it and will continue to do it.

but and its a big BUT chelsea seem to be running rough shod over the rules they dont even seem to be doing their business behind closed doors, this is the thing that is getting up everybodies nose.

" im more looking to see if we get a proppa house hold name ???"

when was the last time arsene bought us a household name ? he has got a the making of the next generation arsenal there now with the youngsters he was forced to play last season. as you say if van purse is detained then we will need another striking option but there are some more youngens that are good that liam brady is pushing.

Jeremie Aliadiere Forward
David Bentley Forward
Gael Clichy Defence
Patrick Cregg Midfield
Johan Djourou Midfield
Emmanuel Eboue Defence
Ryan Garry Defence
Mark Howard Goal
Justin Hoyte Defence
Michael Jordan Goal
Sebastian Larsson Midfield
Arturo Lupoli Forward
Stephen O'Donnell Midfield
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie Forward
Ryan Smith Midfield
Graham Stack Goal
Anthony Stokes Forward
Sebastian Svard Defence
Stuart Taylor Goal
Chris Wright Goal

true about wenger pulling out the miracles of unknown players.... but we need big names to keep our big names we need to show our already super stars that we mean business.....

the more i read about this hleb i really hope we sign him!

all this talk about robinho i think is to wind up madrid and increase there bid for the player.... but this guy is mint he has the same sort of feet as ronaldo (manchester) and this is what pele said

Pele, who spent 17 years of his career at Santos, said he was reminded of himself when he first saw Robinho as a 15-year-old playing in the Santos junior teams.

but as soon as chelsea get wind of him after all the set backs they have had i think its over for arsenal and real madrid looks like another 30 million swoop lol

DONE:

all but medical now !!!!!!!!!

#######################################

Stuttgart star Alexander Hleb has agreed to move to Arsenal in a deal that could net the Bundesliga side up to €15 million.

The Belarus international must yet complete a medical and obtain a work permit but is set to become Arsene Wenger's first signing of the summer as he looks to prise the Premiership trophy back from London rivals Chelsea.

After a disappointing league and European campaign Wenger had been keen to add more experience to a midfield that relied heavily on inexperienced talent Francesc Fabregas last year.

The versatile Hleb has made over 130 appearances with Stuttgart in a career spanning five years in Germany, and has emerged as one of Die Bundesliga's most promising talents.

After having an initial offer turned down Wenger has now captured his man and beaten the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea in concluding his lengthy pursuit of the player.

Wenger voiced his delight at the signing of the 24-year-old, who could rival Freddie Ljungberg for the right-hand side of midfield, and expressed a hope that he could prove a valuable player for The Gunners.

"We are delighted that Alexander Hleb has agreed to join us," Wenger told the club's official website.

"He is a player I have admired for some time now and I know he will provide our squad with great quality.

"Hleb has proved his ability with his performances in the Bundesliga in recent seasons and he definitely has the potential to do very well with Arsenal."

Hleb himself was excited at the prospect of joining the likes of Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp at the FA Cup winners.

"I am very happy to have this fantastic opportunity to join Arsenal. They are a club with a great history and many world class players," said Hleb

#######################################

Back