First D2Ckey Install

that is yours smirnoff!
lol .. l was just thinking l hope mine looks as good lol , cheers m8 looks great,
its hard to get your head around when u see how small that chip is in your hand . my eyes would give out doing that m8

Last edited:
Just thought i'd show you my latest d2ckey install as i bought my wife a new camera for her birthday, so you can see my install a little better.

I have the fitting diagrams for the d2ckey but looking at some of the pics you people have posted my fitting diagrams look wrong?

well ive seen two installs both different but with the same chips in so think its a bit less tricky wiimans way not sure tho i would say yes both work ..but i think wiiman might now more

Wiiman posted pick looks a lot cleaner to install, need to find a d2ckey fitter I think lol HELP.....

Wiiman that is one hell of a job!!! I did one IC leg today for my brother's wii and it has put me off soldering altogether!

Quick question though, do you prep the IC legs in any way, or did you just push the wire down on top of the leg and solder?

Wiiman that is one hell of a job!!! I did one IC leg today for my brother's wii and it has put me off soldering altogether!

Quick question though, do you prep the IC legs in any way, or did you just push the wire down on top of the leg and solder?

the only prepping needed on the legs is to flux them, pre-tin the kynar and flux that too, line the wire up with the ic leg and bend to shape with a small flathead screwdriver, then quickly run the iron down the wire towards the bottom of the leg.

the only prepping needed on the legs is to flux them, pre-tin the kynar and flux that too, line the wire up with the ic leg and bend to shape with a small flathead screwdriver, then quickly run the iron down the wire towards the bottom of the leg.

I think the reason why I really struggled is that I didn't use Kynar wire, I used some relatively thick grade of cable that was multi-stranded. I guess it was some left overs from when I used to chips xboxs.

Back