Firmware for Amiko Alien 8900............and general help and hints with them please

GavinP

Inactive User
Reaction score
So ive got mine and its just on spark at the moment with fta and it seems quite a nice box.

Cant get the scart to work which is a bummer.

Ive had a look round but dont seem to be having much luck with enigma II firmware which i think is what i need to put on there. So where are people getting the firmwares from?

I thought they came with two images on and you selected what you wanted.

Obviously i need something that will run some kind of softcam and although i see mgcam in the boxes spark software settings i cant see anyway of doing anything with it and imformation on the net is fairly limited.

Nice fast box on spark, not sure about engima yet though as i havnt got that far:)

Re: Firmware for Amiko Alien 8900............and general help and hints with them ple

ive not found cccam for the biox but i have got my n line working in oscam and mgcamd ill upload the image i use when i get up later today im at work nightshift the now

Re: Firmware for Amiko Alien 8900............and general help and hints with them ple

Not a bad place there and ive learnt from reading that under spark you can delete all the plug ins and then reinstall another downloaded plug ins file and then this allows you to use cccam although mgccam is supposed to be better.

hows the box for glitching.?

Last edited by a moderator:

oh sorry mate

any luck yet scott mate as your my only hope at the moment.

Just for anyone that is stuck on this...

I downloaded this image and extracted it to a usb key and one folder enigma2 with the two flash files with in.

Put usb key in back of box. Turn off box by main switch hold down ok then switch the box back on............then use the left and right buttons on the box to select enigma and then push the vol right button.

You should now see the firmware uploading.

Once this is done then just run through the settings as normal on the box.

During this set up select mgcam and install it.

Now i got stumped at the stage where you had to select the satellite details as i couldnt select 28.2 e........now i dont know if this step made a difference but i downloaded the sat.xml file from here. You just select 28.2 e and generate the file which you then upload via ftp to var/etc

It still wouldnt let me select 28.2 e as my satellite but see the outcome below.

For the example of this firmware the ftp login details are user=root pass=HDMU

I then downloaded rats bouquet for enigma 2(google it)

Then dreambox edit.

You then add the bouquet files to dreambox edit after youve extracted them and then upload them to the box......

Once that is done you should have all the free to air channels:)

Now during the setup you should of selected to install mgcam.

To enter in any details you have to go to(via ftp) var/keys

then in the cccamd.list open with notepad and enter in(after clearing the page)

#cccamd.list

C: etc etc etc

Then you should have the encrypted channels as well.

Thats the basics................Ive not fiddled with anything else yet but report back with anything worth saying:)

Not sure about epg and picons yet im waiting for some members who have already set them up to get back to me.:)

At the moment i would say that the box is okish............

i would of probably spent another £50 ish quid and got the dm800se as im used to that......And it just seems easier to use.

I think the other features are just gimmicks under the spark firmware and i have not managed to get that going yet either.

Hope it helps some one.

sorry forgot to say what image!

HDMU Team Enigma2 Image For Amiko Alien is the image lol

hdmu seems the one working best with this 8900 Alien

ca you use mgcam on alien 2 twin tuner wontwork properly on mine can only watch and record its like the other tuner is dead works on oscam but its freezing
constantly

oscam works fine. not sure why its freezing on yours. oscam is the only one that supports dual recording

If the picture isn't breaking up when you watch a Free to Air channel but does when watching an encrypted then the problem is not likely to be with your dish, cabling or receiver and so you should contact your 'Provider'.

randal

Back