DVB - PC Cards Firedtv dvb-c, no channels in vista mce

kitoog

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a firedtv dvb-c the other day and I can scan in channels with the firedtv viewer with the bda drivers and mce drivers. But when I scan in vista mce, I get no channels. Anyone have this problem before? I'm using the 6875 file as thats the symbol rate for my cable company. I have the latest drivers and firmware and have tried installing and uninstalling lots of times but made no difference. I've followed the instructions correctly (if i didnt then firedtv viewer wouldnt scan in the channels mode terrestrial mode with the mce driver installed).

Got a firedtv dvb-c the other day and I can scan in channels with the firedtv viewer with the bda drivers and mce drivers. But when I scan in vista mce, I get no channels. Anyone have this problem before? I'm using the 6875 file as thats the symbol rate for my cable company. I have the latest drivers and firmware and have tried installing and uninstalling lots of times but made no difference. I've followed the instructions correctly (if i didnt then firedtv viewer wouldnt scan in the channels mode terrestrial mode with the mce driver installed).

wot area r u in the symbol rate is 6887 0r 6952 assuming cable...u need to get all the frequencies and edit the cableuk file and zap it into the reg...

ps use the exclusion list to stop u getting al the crappy channels

Last edited:
Im in Ireland, and I'm not getting any channels so exclusion lists dont come into yet. The reg's are ok, the cable_6875 reg has all the frequencies we use in Ireland.

As i said, firedtv viewer using the mce drivers and terrestrial frequencies, scans all the channels ok. So vista mce should be no different, but it is, as it doesnt scan in anything.

Im in Ireland, and I'm not getting any channels so exclusion lists dont come into yet. The reg's are ok, the cable_6875 reg has all the frequencies we use in Ireland.

As i said, firedtv viewer using the mce drivers and terrestrial frequencies, scans all the channels ok. So vista mce should be no different, but it is, as it doesnt scan in anything.

all i did in vista was edit the reg file attached with the frequencies from a dbox service file entered it into the reg and vista scanned abot 500+ channels....lots of shite and duplicates...

View attachment 40067

I cant download attachments. Thanks for the help anyways. The transponders that its using are fine as there the same transponders that firedtv viewer is using and my dreambox is using. Just doesnt make any sense. Hopefully firedtv support is good but there forums dont fill me full of confidence as they dont seem to reply to many problems.

I cant download attachments. Thanks for the help anyways. The transponders that its using are fine as there the same transponders that firedtv viewer is using and my dreambox is using. Just doesnt make any sense. Hopefully firedtv support is good but there forums dont fill me full of confidence as they dont seem to reply to many problems.

pm me ur email addy and i'll send u the file if u want

Ah it doesnt matter, the transponders I have are fine. (one is 314000, I've put in 313750,314000,314250,314500,314750 - doesnt make any difference even though they work fine in firedtv viewer). Our cable using 6875 so there not going to be the same, and are frequencies are probably different. I'll just have to wait and hope they get back to me about the problem.

Ah it doesnt matter, the transponders I have are fine. (one is 314000, I've put in 313750,314000,314250,314500,314750 - doesnt make any difference even though they work fine in firedtv viewer). Our cable using 6875 so there not going to be the same, and are frequencies are probably different. I'll just have to wait and hope they get back to me about the problem.

yes but they have to run along side the dvb-t frequencies like:-

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DigitalEverywhere\FireDTV\Transponder\Cable]
"473833"="307000, 6887"
"474000"="339000, 6887"
"474167"="347000, 6887"
"481833"="355000, 6887"
"482000"="371000, 6887"
"482167"="379000, 6887"
"489833"="387000, 6887"
"490000"="395000, 6887"
"490167"="411000, 6887"
"497833"="419000, 6887"
"498000"="427000, 6887"
"498167"="435000, 6887"

etc

I know, everything is as it should be in that regedit folder, in my case the symbol rate is 6875 and the middle frequencies (the cable frequencies) are one's my cable company use. Thats what firedtv viewer uses in terrestrial mode and it scans all the channels no problem, which tells you that the frequencies are fine. Everything is as it should, it should scan channels in vista mce, but it doesnt.

I know, everything is as it should be in that regedit folder, in my case the symbol rate is 6875 and the middle frequencies (the cable frequencies) are one's my cable company use. Thats what firedtv viewer uses in terrestrial mode and it scans all the channels no problem, which tells you that the frequencies are fine. Everything is as it should, it should scan channels in vista mce, but it doesnt.

i think i had to try scanning a few times on the 1 occasion as for whatever reason no channels were found.

think i did it thru set up tv guide

tried it about 20 times thru setup tv guide, even tried different countries, still made no difference. Must be something wrong with mce plugin, mustnt be running or something.

You have run the FireDTV MCE Transponder Updater and loaded the config.ini and then select the right transponder list havent you?

that makes no difference, that program is just adding adding the cable settings for the transponders if you made changes to them in the mce settings folder. It's no different than double clicking the reg file itself. Anyways it asks you what file you want to use at the end of the installation and the one I pick has the transponders I need so I shouldnt have to need to edit the reg files or use mce transponder updater. Anyways as I've said the transponders file is fine, firedtv in terrestrial mode uses the same transponders and it scans channels. Its not a transponder problem.

that makes no difference, that program is just adding adding the cable settings for the transponders if you made changes to them in the mce settings folder. It's no different than double clicking the reg file itself. Anyways it asks you what file you want to use at the end of the installation and the one I pick has the transponders I need so I shouldnt have to need to edit the reg files or use mce transponder updater. Anyways as I've said the transponders file is fine, firedtv in terrestrial mode uses the same transponders and it scans channels. Its not a transponder problem.

have u tried not going thru program guide but just scan fo new services keep trying this a few times over

too many times, I'm trying it on a laptop atm while I wait for firewire pci card for my pc to arrive. Hopefully its a laptop/vista mce problem as if it was a problem with the firedtv itself then firedtv viewer wouldnt work. Just makes no sense. Hopefully i hear back from digital-everywhere support tomorrow.

I'm really really really stupid!

Because all the channels are encrypted it said it found no channels, but they were actually all there in the guide settings and I just had to tick a box beside them to get them listed! Just never saw that mentioned anywhere until i spent ages looking through a german mce forum.

Sorry for wasting your time! :)

How quick is channel changing with the zeta cams btw? I'm just using a diablo cam with the keys in fw until my skycrypt cam (same as zeta etc) arrives and channel changing is very slow. Also does joker cam firmware 0.78 work ok or does it have to be 0.79? (skycrypt's come with 0.78 joker fw as original fw).

I'm really really really stupid!

Because all the channels are encrypted it said it found no channels, but they were actually all there in the guide settings and I just had to tick a box beside them to get them listed! Just never saw that mentioned anywhere until i spent ages looking through a german mce forum.).

it has been mentioned but not as a thread, it actually crossed my mind but as you had no channels i didn't think all ur channels were encrypted i assumed u had fta channels...

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/159938/

How quick is channel changing with the zeta cams btw? I'm just using a diablo cam with the keys in fw until my skycrypt cam (same as zeta etc) arrives and channel changing is very slow. Also does joker cam firmware 0.78 work ok or does it have to be 0.79? (skycrypt's come with 0.78 joker fw as original fw).

channel change is 1 - 2 secs sometimes with a slight stutter it seems to sync the video and audio....only ever used 0.79

glad it's all sorted now.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Back