Fire remote

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a smashed remote that has had some abuse. The fire can't be controlled without the remote and is some cheap China shite so will have to fix it manually.

It seems there is a broken transistor.

Can anyone that has the know how and can tell me what the broken one is called. It's on the right hand side at the top of the picture. If I know what I'm looking for I can solder in a new one.

Thanks for anyone that can help!
f1db7ec9a0b9ffa767795160ed13249e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it the yellow bit? If so, it's a crystal resonator. They far far too heavy for their flimsy pins, and are often glued to the board to prevent exactly what has happened to yours.
They are frequently found in (older) remote controls- I have never had to buy one, I just raid from an old remote from the cemetery in the workshop. If you don't have that luxury I'm sure your local TV repair shop probably will. Rotten time of year for it to happen.
Tip: If / when you get it going again, get one of those 'learning' remotes and use that.

Edit: I just put my specs on and noticed that broken diode. Probably a 1N4148- pennies from Maplin or the like. (But still glue down that crystal before it goes too!)

Its important that its fitted the right way as it only allows the flow of current in one direction

Is it a zenner diode?? Had these from maplins before.

Good luck reading whats on the side of it, i've got a few here and its taken my glasses and our lass's glasses together to read whats on the side. LOL

Definitely a diode of some description. The band (cathode) is to the bottom in the picture.

Either a small signal diode or it could be a zener.

I don't know for sure what type so it would be better if someone could look at a working one, they generally have something printed on them.

Is it for a gas fire or an electric fire?. There are plenty of options on the bay for replacements for this problem.

There is firestick app the play store for phones

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Back