Finger printing

carrskid

Inactive User
Reaction score
what is happening to this nation. Schools are now finger printing children, what the fec is going on. My kids have gone back to school and have had their finger prints taken. Apparantly, this is the new way to take class registers. What happened to parental consent.

Has anyone else come across this?

is it allowed?

what is happening to this nation. Schools are now finger printing children, what the fec is going on. My kids have gone back to school and have had their finger prints taken. Apparantly, this is the new way to take class registers. What happened to parental consent.

Has anyone else come across this?

is it allowed?

The DFES don't need parental consent to take the kids fingerprints. Don't ask me why, i can't remember! Just read it in a newspaper.

Make a written complaint to the school mate they can't ignore letters. Even if they don't/wont/can't do anything at least you've f*cked with their heads.

:banana:

surely this is against your human rights?, i thought the only time that finger prints / dna etc could be taken is with consent or if your suspected in a crime. i would look into this if i was you.

whats the world coming to next they will what to chip them

The DFES don't need parental consent to take the kids fingerprints. Don't ask me why, i can't remember! Just read it in a newspaper.

My friend has told his kids to refuse, just waiting to see what the outcome will be.

whats the world coming to next they will what to chip them

Just thing each time you use you oyster card, you credit card, or your phone; somebody somewhere is collecting data about you. This in it self is not a problem, the problem is when it falls in to the wrong hands. Civil liberties -> they are being eroded by the back door.

just read

parents who complain can have the details removed from the school database.

Privacy International says it expects there to be legal challenges to the use of the technology in schools.

I guess there's sweet f. a they can do if you refuse. I have not found any article yet to say they can enforce it.

here's an update , my friends child refused and was told she would be expelled from school. They also told her they don't retain the finger print, they convert it into a number. Well big deal if you could convert it into a number it can't be too hard to convert it back into a finger print.

I think i will take a visit to the school tomorrow and speak to the head teacher.

here's an update , my friends child refused and was told she would be expelled from school. They also told her they don't retain the finger print, they convert it into a number. Well big deal if you could convert it into a number it can't be too hard to convert it back into a finger print.

I think i will take a visit to the school tomorrow and speak to the head teacher.

so if they convert into numbers why not just give the kids a number each :)

The worlds gone mad

That is OUTRAGIOUS, i would go to the local papers if i were you, luckly our daughter is only 2 so it dosent affect us as yet. BUT if i was in your shoes i would pull her out of school until this ruling was changed, local papers are great for helping with this also contact your local mp. Our cival liberties are being lost slowly but surely on a daily basis and its time to stand up for it. There is NO need for a school tgo have this sort of information on file, what does it proove to the school. Ok so they are saying for register purposes, so there arnt gona be any teachers at the schools now if they need to remotly sign you in?
The only thing that collecting finger prints can do in a school is be abused nothing else.
I bet you they wont expel her, can you imagine the press!!!

wot was wrong with the teacher saying your name and u saying lm here ?

A complete disgrace to uk , they should have at least gave parents a choice, government wants to run this country like big brother someone said whats next a chip well YES this is the future , when time comes which is not too far we gonna need to fight this out, they wanna run and control our lives just like I ROBOT, only without the bots you might think im joking but security on all humans is the goverments test and we are being used as Guineapigs

It will be a nightmare in years to come. Someone nicks a car and they pull off fingerprints from some kid who touched it and arrest the poor sod.

My little lad doesnt need his finger prints taken as they are on every window and mirror in the house.

LOL

Article in the Times

SCHOOLS are beginning to use fingerprint techniques at the dinner queue in an attempt to speed up service and promote healthy eating.
Civil liberty groups are worried because pupils are being asked to pay for meals by scanning their fingerprints into a machine instead of using cash.

this is the future , when time comes which is not too far we gonna need to fight this out, they wanna run and control our lives just like I ROBOT

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

A complete disgrace to uk , they should have at least gave parents a choice, government wants to run this country like big brother someone said whats next a chip well YES this is the future , when time comes which is not too far we gonna need to fight this out, they wanna run and control our lives just like I ROBOT, only without the bots you might think im joking but security on all humans is the goverments test and we are being used as Guineapigs

Govt thinking - catch them young soften them up so in future they won't object to id cards and bio-metric testing.

Back