Finding many transponders but no channels!

m0dm0

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a dreambox 500c, when I do a scan, after locking on with a very high BER, it finds many transponders but no channels. I have tried 4 different images and still the same thing...

I know it is not the cable feed because I have another 500c which works fine when connected at the same place.

Secondly, I cannot get the dreambox talking with my network at all, I have tried everything from setting DHCP, static ip, changing ethernet cables and it just will not reply to even a ping.

Please help me out!

Thanks

Last edited:
Did you say 500s and not a 500c ? Are you using the wrong model ?

500 C = Cable
500 S = Sat

If your connecting to cable feed you should have a 500C NOT a 500S

lol, sorry my stupid mistake...

I meant 500c.

lol, sorry my stupid mistake...
I meant 500c.
hi m8 u have'nt told us wat image u r using but try using 1.6.5 dm and then u should get al the channel but if ur using other images then i fink u r soposed 2 put some sevice code but if u use 1.6.5 dm all u need 2 do scane and u should gget all the channels hope that helps.use dreamup.exe loder with 1.6.5dm that will get talking with network

Last edited:
I have a dreambox 500c, when I do a scan, after locking on with a very high BER, it finds many transponders but no channels. I have tried 4 different images and still the same thing...

I know it is not the cable feed because I have another 500c which works fine when connected at the same place.

My friends got a similar problem - he has a clone 500c with diorj 0.6 and that has been working fine, but when doing a search on his new Bryant clone (in the same place as his current box) it finds many transponders but no channels.

He's tried connecting the box directly from the cable feed itself, also tried flashing dw 1.6.5, tried switching from the new tuner to the old tuner and tried scanning on 6887 rather than bruteforce, all with the same results.

Any suggestions as what to try or whats wrong?

Take a backup of the working dreambox and flash it to the new one.

Go to a channel, press INFO and note the SNR %.

This should be at 96%. If it's any less, it will result in missing or freezing channels.

If it's way low, i.e. 60% then you will get no channels from a scan.

Check all cables and you might need a booster.

Sometimes you get boxes with dodgy or weak tuners in them. There was a batch of weak tuners from China and they're causing problems such as this. They're in short supply at the moment so probably using anything they can get their hands on.

Take a backup of the working dreambox and flash it to the new one.

Now why didn't I think of that! Thanks Devilfish. Sometimes the best solution, is the simplest one!

It turns out that he hadn't switched to the old tuner after all. He's done that now, so it's all sorted.

Sometimes you get boxes with dodgy or weak tuners in them. There was a batch of weak tuners from China and they're causing problems such as this.

Is there any way to identify this batch of weak tuners?

I'm pretty sure that it had the same Philips tuner that was in the clone that I bought?

Thanks.

Back