file and folder attributes on Dbox image

Killer_K

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys, can someone please tell me if there is a setting in the DBOX image that prevents the attributes for files and folders to be changed?

I have blade Trinity, I've done a scan a couple of times but the channels found don't appear to get stored in Services.XML so I decided to have a little look around and noticed that Services.xml is set to 644 so I tried to change it to 755 but it just won't have it. I can't delete or rename it either. I have noticed a lot of files (maybe all) are set to 644 and folders are set to 755. I can't rename any files at all.

I don't fancy flashing another image as this one is pretty stable so just want to be able to delete or rename the existing Services.xml.

I'm using FlashFXP to access the box - does this program have any settings that are copy files as 644?

I've been at it for almost 2 hours, searched the net too but to no avail, hence the shout to you guys....

Thanx

Dont understand wot you are trying to do mate
Why are you changing the attributes of service files
as long as cams are 755 you are good to go
Any service or bow k files just overwrite them..............Paul

Like plasterer says you don't need to change the attributes on the serv and bouquet files. It is possible your image has gone read only if you cant change anything. If thats the case reflash with IFA.

thebigman

mate, trying to overwrite services.xml and its not doing it. i get a message that says '550 chmod site command failed'.

i have tried to make a folder on the dbox as well as copying any txt file from PC to DBOX and it does nothing....it looks like a permissions issue....like its become READ ONLY partition or something but i don't undestand how this can happen

mate, trying to overwrite services.xml and its not doing it. i get a message that says '550 chmod site command failed'.

i have tried to make a folder on the dbox as well as copying any txt file from PC to DBOX and it does nothing....it looks like a permissions issue....like its become READ ONLY partition or something but i don't undestand how this can happen

imgs often become read only for some reason, usually overloading the img - u need to reflash, should be able to save important files first though

thanks guys - so if i was to backup my existing image and reflash it back to box via IFA when its back on will it still be a read only as at the time of backup it was read only

thanks guys - so if i was to backup my existing image and reflash it back to box via IFA when its back on will it still be a read only as at the time of backup it was read only

yes it will be still read-only
you need to flash the original and add the necessary file or any recent back up u may have done when working correctly

cheers

I'm not so sure that backing-up this 'read-only' image will create another R/O scenario after the reflash. Try it!

And resorting to IFA to reflash a box in this state is a bit extreme. Just do the backup and then the reflash locally, via the Services menu. Flash w/o Bootloader both times, remember.

Let us know if it works- AL :)

thanks for all ure help guys.

so here's what I did as AL suggested - I took a backup of my existing image (which somehow went Read Only) I flashed it back via FlashFXP but the newly flashed image was also a Read Only image. So luckily I had a backup I had taken back in December so I flashed that and it was fine allowing me to scan and save settings.

whilst reading up on this I read somewhere that this happens when the dbox is running out of storage space - I wasn't able to check this on my box so note sure if this is correct.

once again, thanx for ure posts and suggestions.

Last edited:
whilst reading up on this I read somewhere that this happens when the dbox is running out of storage space - I wasn't able to check this on my box so note sure if this is correct.

Yes, your correct, thats normally what causes it. Glad your sorted m8.

thebigman

please tell me more...lol...so how do you execute the DF command via Tuxbox mate.

i've gone in to Blue button, tuxbox commander and then i'm lost ;-)

ps: i think it'll be good to move on to this subject in this thread as it'll be handy for others to check there DBOX storage space if there image ever becomes read only.

please tell me more...lol...so how do you execute the DF command via Tuxbox mate.

i've gone in to Blue button, tuxbox commander and then i'm lost ;-)

ps: i think it'll be good to move on to this subject in this thread as it'll be handy for others to check there DBOX storage space if there image ever becomes read only.

once into tuxbox commander, navigate to /bin/ folder the df (disc information) command should reside there

View attachment 46897

click on df

View attachment 46898

choose 'OK'

View attachment 46899

or hyperterminal in windows

root is your username - no password required

type df and then enter

cheers
View attachment 46900

Nah! It's easier than that in TuxCom! Just press RED to Execute a command. A box pops up... Tap in 3 once for d then right arrow to shift the cursor along one character, then 3 three times (like a mobile phone keypad) to create the f - so you now see df in the box- then press the ok button. Voilá

Cheers- AL :)

You guys are damn good ;-) ....cheers for this useful info

so here's what i see - this is the flashed Blade Trinity image - an old backup, still apears to be big in size taking 97%.

Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock/2 7936 7672 264 97% /
tmpfs 15460 296 15164 2% /tmp

so if i wanted to free some space up to prevent it becoming read only again whats the best files to delete. i was thinking of games as i don't play them. Is it easy to delete games?

You guys are damn good ;-) ....cheers for this useful info

so here's what i see - this is the flashed Blade Trinity image - an old backup, still apears to be big in size taking 97%.

Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock/2 7936 7672 264 97% /
tmpfs 15460 296 15164 2% /tmp

so if i wanted to free some space up to prevent it becoming read only again whats the best files to delete. i was thinking of games as i don't play them. Is it easy to delete games?

u can delete in tuxbox commander or an ftp proggy if hooked up to pc...

there's quite a few files u can get rid of in the var/kys folder....the 3 nagra7... files is all u need u can get rid of the other nagra 10, 11, 3 etc files.....if using evocamd u really only need these files, but back up just in case

View attachment 46942

u can get rid of the emus u don't use in the var/bin ie newcamd, mgcamd, gbox.....recommended to save these (or the whole img) in case u need them though...themes u don't want, the games etc

cheers

ps Al is bound to ask why r u messing with these old imgs when there r newer, improved imgs, with more features out now....like C11 lol...

Last edited:
thanks guys....

this one (Blade Trinity) is stable thats why i'm trying to stick with it ;-) hence, all the messing about.

Back