Fifa 'to allow GB football team'

I cant honestly think of a SPL player who deserves to play in the EPL right now.

Maybe I am being cynical, but it seems to be a different game up here...

I would love to be able disagree with you there.

Sadly I can't. Even our imports are crap.

LoL, you mentioned players from the 60's to the '80's & also the teams you listed all had at least one very successful Scottish manager behind them.

To be honest, I'm not up to speed on the game anymore, and haven't been for years, so I'll have to concede this one. :)

Last edited:
You can say the same for the English players though . Maybe not"i can't think of one" but how many would get into the Spanish or Italian leagues ? We watch the prem matches and think all our players are the best in the world but they aren't otherwise we would be winning the world cup all the time . Every year we say one of the prem players ( of any nationality ) should be world player of the year but its only been Ronaldo who had an incredible season last year who has one it in recent times . I dare say if you went to Spain or Italy they would say the players in their league are the best in the world because thats what they are watching all the time . OK in recent years with the money that has come into the English game the players are getting better but we still can't tempt the Very top players ( Messi kaka etc) to come here untill they are past their best

Whoa! All of a sudden there is a lot of emotion here!!

Take a step back for a bit and seperate the notion of English players from the EPL. I think it is fair to say that the EPL is one of the worlds best footballing leagues - and other players from other countries share the same opinion...

Really though, it would just be nice to see a Team GB in my opinion, thats all.
My thoughts exactly Karym .Lets give the up and coming talent from all the countries a chance to show how good they are .I live in England and remember a home international match ( when we used to have them ) between England and Scotland at Wembley were the Scots were so dominant Jim Baxter was sitting on the ball beckoning the English players to come and try to take it off him . Everyone in England was going on about how good the Scots were and how shit the English team was .So we don't allways slag off the Scots or Irish or Welsh although we might not admit it to you

An under 21 squad might not be too bad an idea when you come to think of it. It could be an opportunity for the young 'uns to display their talents on a world stage.

If it were to be a true Team GB effort, then perhaps they should go for a reasonable split between the home nations with it being weighted towards the percentage of population of each country?

Now your talking ! can you imagine how that would boost the other leagues with the money involved

this is making me sick . why cant we leave it alone as it is . i want along with most scots a scottsh team i dont want to be part of an english set up leave us alone . we aint pushing for this infact our fa dont want it . again its just what england wants . . guess what we dont want your team keep it .

What the fook are you on about, you sound like some frightened little Scotsmen crying the English are going to stop us calling ourselves Scotsmen ffs.
Its just a stupid football team who the fook cares who's in it as for it stripping you of your identity what a laugh.
Correct me if I am wrong but did Chris Hoy win the BBC Sports Personality of the Year, now the people of England who voted for him do you think they gave a flying fook to the fact that he is Scottish ?.
You need to wipe that chip off your shoulder

a nation that keeps one eye on the past is wise .a nation that keeps both eyes on the past is blind pmsl

Reminds me of darren clarke.

when he wins tournaments hes 'British'

And when he dosent hes 'Northern irish'

Heard it countless times.

Back