FFS..... belkin n1 vision router stuck on bootup

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ffs iv been waiting for a router off ebay for about 13 days now, model belkin n1 vision f5d8232-4... its turned up today, and it just wont boot up, it gets to about 10-20% on the display then just stops, then if i reset it it goes into download mode then i cant do anything, anybody got any clue whats going on here, been looking forward to getting this setup and the fecker doesnt even work lol, sick as a chip!

have you tried a 30-30-30 reset? so push reset pin and keep it in for 30 seconds, and then keep the pin in and unplug the power, (holding the pin in still for another 30 seconds) then when keeping the pin down and pushed in (after thye 30 seconds) plug the power back in and give it another 30 seconds with the pin in , this way it clears the flash memory and reverts it back to stock settings etc.

Last edited:
have you tried a 30-30-30 reset? so push reset pin and keep it in for 30 seconds, and then keep the pin in and unplug the power, (holding the pin in still for another 30 seconds) then when keeping the pin down and pushed in (after thye 30 seconds) plug the power back in and give it another 30 seconds with the pin in , this way it clears the flash memory and reverts it back to stock settings etc.
will have a go now mate if iv understood that right, lol ;)

yeah sorry I didn't explain it that well,

so when the router is on, push the pin in for 30 seconds and keep it in, then after 30 seconds has past un-plug the power, (keeping the pin in) count another 30 seconds, then plug the power back in (so keeping the pin in all the time) and count another 30 seconds....so 90 seconds in total.....30-30-30 reset it's called....or some thing like that.....

yeah sorry I didn't explain it that well,

so when the router is on, push the pin in for 30 seconds and keep it in, then after 30 seconds has past un-plug the power, (keeping the pin in) count another 30 seconds, then plug the power back in (so keeping the pin in all the time) and count another 30 seconds....so 90 seconds in total.....30-30-30 reset it's called....or some thing like that.....
cheers bud al give it a whirl in a minute, post back soon!

doesnt seem to have done anything, now the screen comes on for a second and goes off, whereas it used to show belkin n1 and start loading, but would get stuck at about 10-20%... looks like the pile of shit is going back to the seller!!!! unless theres owt else to try!

is this the LCD screen on the router that your saying gets stuck in a loop? .... are you plugging it into the side of a laptop/computer, have you gave the network card a static IP address when trying to connect? I guess if there's nothing plugged in and the LCD doesn't fully work then your never going to get into the "config" page etc.

uploadfromtaptalk1330624243105.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1330624268209.jpg

Iv had it connected to my laptop and got into the config page, set it all up ready to plug into the modem so switched it off, next time i switched it on from then its just not doin owt!

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk

that bottom screen doesn't look too good mate when you see all the funny characters and the like (it's all most as though it's flash isn't booting)...I take it you can't get into the page 192.168.2.1 either?

that bottom screen doesn't look too good mate when you see all the funny characters and the like (it's all most as though it's flash isn't booting)...I take it you can't get into the page 192.168.2.1 either?
cant even connect to it mate as obviously its not booting properly so laptops not even picking it up, **** it its going back ill buy summit else once iv got the money back for it, what a waste of time man...

when it's connected if you go to dos and type arp -a does it say any thing? also are you issued a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address, if so it ain't good.....but yeah if the screen isn't booting on the machine it's self then I doubt it's going to work mate,....sorry to hear it, after waiting 13 days as well! that's a slow boat from China just about they say......

good luck matey!

cheers for the help but feck it, its going back, looks like its fooked to me like, cant be arsed with this shit, it should just work man, lol, thanks again bud!

yeah just been reading about them and like any thing with a "boot screen" if it isn't going to show you then it isn't going to work, sorry to hear mate. (them random characters don't look good though.

Good luck on getting your cash and that back man, hope it goes without any hassle.

Dibbs.

aye mate iv just sent them a msg like on ebay stating item is as described so see what happens, was looking forward to getting my computers and that all wireless n, just gunna chuck it on the burner for now as my networks still fine so feck it, more pissed off that iv waited 13 days in anticipation for it to arrive, and the fecker doesnt even work ha, never mind!

Back