few channels on the move

Re: Channels on the Move

few more moved
Racing UK
Arsenal TV
Liverpool TV

All of these channels were moved here weeks and weeks ago.

all channels back with 600c
500c seems to loose some seems it don't like some freq's and a booster is needed
even if you have never needed a booster before

just scanned the 500c
channels are there but no picture (service not found)

scifi
crime and investigation
uk style+1 whatever it is now (Home)
celtic tv
hallmark +1

that I can see maybe more that I havent noticed

600c and Kryptview are fine

just scanned the 500c
channels are there but no picture (service not found)

scifi
crime and investigation
uk style+1
celtic tv
hallmark +1

that I can see maybe more that I havent noticed

600c and Kryptview are fine

look in lasted scanned and move back m8 .. they will be there m8

no last scanned folder m8 (DW V2.0)

press OK then red to get all channels,I do it that way
channels are there some with epg but nothing there apart from service not found

sorry yea all services and last scanned for 600 ; l have a few on 2,1 and got them back on all services ? l did drag the cable files in from my 600 on the 500 tho , because its the only way l can get sky 1 to work .. weak tuner l think

OK, I tried a fast scan to get the missing channels back BUT I can't find any of the suggested channels to identify my default frequency or symbol rate.

Anyone know the default frequency and symbol rate for east london please?

Also I read in a reply that someone deleted their cables.xml file and rescanned, but using Gemini Wizzard in FTP mode I get a message in German that Google language tools says it means file cannot be deleted.

Why am I deleting cables.xml anyway? does this file get corrupted and need to be replaced?

Will just a fast scan fix this.

Does moving to the newer images for my DM500c resolve this or do I still end up with missing channels.

Convert

OK, I tried a fast scan to get the missing channels back BUT I can't find any of the suggested channels to identify my default frequency or symbol rate.
Try any channel. When it is finished if you have any channels before 4Music then select them and wait a bit for the "All services" list to update.

Also I read in a reply that someone deleted their cables.xml file and rescanned
If you do that, you will not be able to perform an Automatic scan. Replace it yeah, delete it no.

I am pretty sure all the problems people are having is due to crappy code in the Enigma codebase upon which most images are based.

Last edited:
Well, just checked and there's nothing above 4Music, in fact I don't remember 4Music being there before? does anyone out there know the default freq' and symbol for east london please?

Would moving to one of the newer images fix this if it's is as Alexh says "crappy code in the Enigma codebase upon which most images are based"

Convert

when i press ok then red it takes me into event list. How do i get into all channels? i am using digital worlds v2.0

when i press ok then red it takes me into event list. How do i get into all channels? i am using digital worlds v2.0

You are using the Neutrino image I guess m8 - are u using the VM Style listing or your own bouquets?

Regards

q2

Would moving to one of the newer images fix this if it's is as Alexh says "crappy code in the Enigma codebase upon which most images are based"
People with PLi's Jade2 (modified for VM) are complaining about the same things.

Jade2 is a relatively new (March 2009) build of the latests sources for Tuxbox & Enigma 1 for DM500C.

Either the bugs still remain in latest Tuxbox & Enigma 1 code base or they are in whatever patches are needed to make it work on VM.

Last edited:
I think it's more down to crappy tuners.

I havn't lost any channels on my dm500-c which is reasonably new (about 6 months old).
Enigma code does have problems with s#y box office and that is down to the coding, neutrino images don't have this problem.

The channels moving around is something that has always happened.

I think it's more down to crappy tuners.
I disagree. More like crappy code. This is the standard excuse that is used whenever something like this comes up but it doesn't make logical sense.

My box cannot find several transponders with an automatic or manual network fast scan, but if you input the frequency manually you end up on a transponder with 97% SNR, low AGC and zero bit rate errors. The box finds all the channels on that transponder instantly. There is no tuning problem. It is either crap code inside Tuxbox/Enigma 1 or VM not making legal PSI tables which unless it is dynamic is something that could have been patched by now!

Enigma code does have problems with s#y box office and that is down to the coding, neutrino images don't have this problem.
I'd be curious to know if the neutrino code truly fixes it (by parsing the PSI tables correctly) or if it hack-bodges it. I did read that the dreambox neutrino also detects that "audio" channels correctly (i.e. they are not channels). Again, wonder if that is good coding or more hack-bodgery.

The channels moving around is something that has always happened.
Not happened (on this scale) in our area during the time I've owned a Dreambox (four years).

Last edited:
Right I flashed my DM500c clone with my backup image of the v0.3 beta done a re scan and bang my lost channels are back on. Is there a file I can copy out then reflash with v2.0 and ftp in in order for it to work. I take it that there must be a prob with the freq in set my location or am i well off?

Nudge.... further to my previous post

does anyone out there know the default freq' and symbol for east london please?

Still required, can anyone help please?

Convert

Back