Feecom Silver store 2 NAS drive 4TB

stihl260

DW Top Poster +
Reaction score
Hi All
Never had much to do with Networking, but just Bought a Freecom Silver store 2 NAS drive 4TB.
My idea is to transfer all the my music, Films , photos etc to the drive and access from Main desktop PC, HP Lappy , 2 Tablets and 3 smart phones.
Also Logitech Swqeezebox Touch for the music as a streamer , hooped up to either a 5.1 setup , Micro hifi and 2 Cronos 2 DSB docks in the house.
MY Panny TV already streams from the desktop PC, but i like the idea of vbeing able to access the films with having the main PC on.

My problem is as follows:
Hooked the NAS drive to port 1 on my router ( netgear DGND3300v2 ) Duel band Router with main PC on port 4.
Router says its already set up on DCHP and i can see the drive on the main Quad core desktop running Win 8.
Drive all plugged in Lights up etc, but tried indtall drive software (seems ok) untiol i try to run recvovery assistant so i can reset the drives etc as per the maunal.
It shows the drive with an IP (correct), but says it cant continue as my PC does not appear to have an IP and i neeed to add it mannually.
At this point im stumped!
I intend to use both drives (2TB each) and not set up mirrored.
Any expert help appreciated.

BTW i will be moving over to BT infinity on the 19th, so i realise the New BT router will need tweaking etc.
But this is just so i can move music films accross from the HDD on the main PC.

Go to a command prompt and see if your pc is picking up an IP address by typing in ipconfig.
Is your pc set to DHCP or on a static?
Is your drive on the same IP range as your pc?

Back