Feckin flat packs

No floor, and no windows. Our is on slabs, howeverI think we will put a concrete base in. Also hung two battery lights up which make it bright enough to find stuff.

I know a brick shed would of been quicker but I challenge you to build this in less than 8.5 hours. I don't even spend that long at work!

Last edited:
I love flat packs, im great at puzzles and stuff :)

Ive done two flat pack kitchens on my own and a full home gym, which was in a billion parts :) only thing is I end up with tonnes of spare parts, I have to keep telling everyone that all those screws and nuts really are just spares and they're not really needed, lol

i have a very similar shed m8, and i had the same probs, the instructions were not easy to understand at all.

it took me and my step dad, about 5 hours minimum, and then i had to lift it once built to bolt it to ground.

GRRR Just spent 5 hours building a 12ft trampoline for my cousin.

To start with the fecker came in 2 boxes and they both wouldn't fit in the car so had to go back for the other one.

Then, to attach the legs to the top frame there was a "T" joint thing:

To start with you had to force the leg into the thing which split in the bottom t section to force the leg up the T . Once FORCED in the sides had to be bent round the leg with a crappy pair or metal "pliers" that just slid off the bottom t section which didnt even move it in slightest. Even battering them with a hammer didnt do the trick so had to make trip #3 to B&Q to get hose clips to try and tighten the "T" things. Once i hammered, stood-on and eventually got the hose thing round i got it bent in like the manual said, then i had to do it another 7 times.

On each on the sides in the T there was holes which had to be alligned with the leg to stick a bolt through to tighten it. That took another battering with the hammer to allign them.

Once alligned we realised the bolts included didnt fit ! So had to make trip #4 to B&Q to get bigger bolts.

After that, there were 72 springs that needed to be forced into place then we spent about 30 mins trying to find a way to put the legs so it was flat and ended up having to make trip #5 to get some wood to put under 2 of the legs to make it sit flat !

I have blister on my feckin hands and thats the first and last trampoline i will be making !!!!

Falkirk_Bairn said:
GRRR Just spent 5 hours building a 12ft trampoline for my cousin.

To start with the fecker came in 2 boxes and they both wouldn't fit in the car so had to go back for the other one.

Then, to attach the legs to the top frame there was a "T" joint thing:

To start with you had to force the leg into the thing which split in the bottom t section to force the leg up the T . Once FORCED in the sides had to be bent round the leg with a crappy pair or metal "pliers" that just slid off the bottom t section which didnt even move it in slightest. Even battering them with a hammer didnt do the trick so had to make trip #3 to B&Q to get hose clips to try and tighten the "T" things. Once i hammered, stood-on and eventually got the hose thing round i got it bent in like the manual said, then i had to do it another 7 times.

On each on the sides in the T there was holes which had to be alligned with the leg to stick a bolt through to tighten it. That took another battering with the hammer to allign them.

Once alligned we realised the bolts included didnt fit ! So had to make trip #4 to B&Q to get bigger bolts.

After that, there were 72 springs that needed to be forced into place then we spent about 30 mins trying to find a way to put the legs so it was flat and ended up having to make trip #5 to get some wood to put under 2 of the legs to make it sit flat !

I have blister on my feckin hands and thats the first and last trampoline i will be making !!!!

: shocked2 Don't tell me that, we have one of those for our Son's birthday!!

After the shed fiasco, I don't know if I can take another giant meccano session. :(

Is it out of b&q ?

Because ones out of argos allready have it done and just need to be slotted into the T section but once that one was up it was about 10 times stronger than the argos one.

And, its feckin £40 for a cover, it can get wet !

We just got a £6 pvc cover patio furnature, and attached it with close pegs works a treat.

Argos one fortunatley with an enclosure but no cover.

earwig999 said:
No floor, and no windows. Our is on slabs, howeverI think we will put a concrete base in. Also hung two battery lights up which make it bright enough to find stuff.

I know a brick shed would of been quicker but I challenge you to build this in less than 8.5 hours. I don't even spend that long at work!
it is a nice shed earwig ;)

Back