Favourite Manga/Anime film?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a fair collection of VHS manga and anime titles but sold them about 14 years ago when my son was born. So now I am looking at getting some old classics to watch with my son.

So far I have......

Battle Angel Alita ( this is in .ogm format though??)
Fist of the North Star
Ninja Scroll (My personal fave)
Ponyo

I'm looking for -

Akira
Patlabor 1 & 2
Adventure Duo
Vampire Hunter D
Urotsokidoji 1-4

Can you recommend any others, or somewhere I might be able to get them from ;) ?

Don't know about films but recently got well into Mobile Suit GUNDAM SEED, about half was through the series then onto SEED Destiny, also have the spin off full length films.

I think they are bloody brill ,OK so the ones I have are dubbed, and people say they are not as good as the subbed ones, but I like them all the same.

Got the lot off demonoid, about 12GB and all mkv encoded, oh and loads of seeders, downloaded in no time.

Last edited:
yeaahhh ninja scroll is mine to, i also liked Afro Samuri there

Lol, how old's your son?

Cyber City OEDO 808

I have the TV series DVDs of the English translations (with drum & bass music) of Fist of the North Star, I love them, lol... Also have the full Japanese DVD box set of Fist, complete with seriously dodgy and funny English subs!! They also did a recent 3 DVD series remake of it.

Have you not watched any of the more recent Studio Ghibli sort of stuff? Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Tortoro, Howl's Moving Castle are all supper ace anime, amazing for kids and adults.

Months ago a guy in work was telling me how good Akira is. Last week he got it from a newsbin site, not sure which one. He said its was available in bluray too so have a look. If you can't find it send me a PM and i will make you a copy.

Oh and its the original subbed version as he said the dubbed version was horrific.

P.S. Still not had a chance to watch it myself.

Akira is the best, blew me away when I first saw it in about 1992, watched others but nowt as good as that. However ghost In The shell is good, supposed inspiration for the matrix

Lol, how old's your son?

He's 14 in August, so just about old enough to be watching some of the more 'adult' stuff.

I found a decent torrent with 19GB worth, all compressed to feck .mkv but at least a decent selection.

I need to start looking at the new stuff as I was watching it in the late 80's/early 90's. I enjoyed Ponyo as a family film but Spirited Away was a bit psychedelic for me.

This takes me back many moons ago i used to own a fair colection

One what i loved was Apple Seed excellent film

Cyber punks was a good series think that was the name of it.

ninja scroll is awesome! the street fighter animated film is great too!

vampire hunter d is good

and i also like demon city although i think its called monster city now!

not sure really where you can get them anymore :( maybe amazon marketplace??

hellsing was a good series and worth a download!

i always remember this trailer would come on before the film and i'd be all excited ready for the film lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Afjo0ICoT0[/ame]

Last edited:
and i also like demon city although i think its called monster city now!
YouTube - Manga trailer

Can't be showing that to a 14 year old lol... I was probably that age when I watched it though HAHAHA - what a hypocrite lol :) Proper head fook that one.

They did a remake of of Apple Seed as well in CGI - steer well clear, it was complete rubbish...

Can't be showing that to a 14 year old lol... I was probably that age when I watched it though HAHAHA - what a hypocrite lol :) Proper head fook that one.

They did a remake of of Apple Seed as well in CGI - steer well clear, it was complete rubbish...

was it that bad then? i must of been a similar age when i saw it too cant remember a whole lot about it really just that it was violent and had swearing lol.

bible black is always worth a late night look if your into that sort of thing ;) (by that i mean a demonic woman who can grow a penis lol)

Dominion Tank Police too, i'm sure i watched a few of those...

I totally agree the cgi version was utter gob s**te hated every min of it the orginall was the best it was probs one of the first mangas i set eyes on then went from there.I loved some of the live mangas they did aswell Switchblade smile was an excellent but gory live one they did.

Akira was the first one I saw and it was mindblowing at the time. Too many to mention but, Princess Mononoke was a work of art too.

Back