Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fantasy Formula1 (F1 fun)

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
A few posts recent have showed a few members are interested in F1. With Hamilton as reigning champion, and this years new rules to help provide overtaking, we could see more interest in this sport.

Anyone here interested in joining a small & simple Fantasy F1 like the footy?
It very easy to set up- just register email, then simply choose drivers/car/engine with drop-down menu. Points are done automatic, so no maintenance just simple fun if you enjoy F1 :)
The idea is that it gives you more interest in the races & qualifying too, as you will want your chosen 'car' or 'engine' or 'drivers' to do well no matter who you support in reality ~makes you want to watch some mid-range car action, or take a gamble on the 'back end cars' and end up beating all other members when your luck comes in :Bounce:

Well post a reply asap cuz we only have a few days to sort. I am in a small league already so if there's just a few interested you could join, or if there's enough of us we'll create a new one?

i would be up for this i have heared of these leages before but never pursued them sounds like fun.

Thanks for replies. I will pm each of you later since we may not have enough interest to have a complete seperate 'DW league' but its no problem to set one up because you can be included in more than 1 group so we'll decide before the end of the week.

If you register an account (completely free) its a simple two box 'username' and 'email addy' registration, you wont need to add optional personal details. User account | Fantasy Formula 1
The username is just you as 'team manager' so not your 'team name' which you can create and set when signed in.

Once you sign in you create your fantasy f1 team ~leave the default tick in the box to be included in the 'main public league' so you will be trying to beat all 3600 other teams entered :)

Creating your team is easy enough, but just ask here if stuck? Its all kept real simple by just having drop-down box options. You get up to £90million budget and need 2 drivers, car-chassis, and engine. The more spent on a driver means less available for car and engine, etc etc, so no chance of just choosing ferrari-ferrari-ferrari
The idea is to find a good balance, then hope your mid-range choices get good positions in quali and in the race. Points are done auto, but you get points for overtakes and finishing higher than started etc, so its important to get points on both the saturday and sunday. This usually involves much screaming at the telly and getting completely addicted since you want several cars/drivers to do well and help you gain a few extra points :)

There are hundreds of private leagues, so once you have your team you can join the ones you want, although most will have passwords. For instance, you will see Avforums run a private league but you will need their private password to join it. I will give details in pm of a small friendly league which usually has about 20~30 members which you can join, so that its kinda more local fun not up against pros taking it serious lol.

Thinking about it as i'm typing; saying there wont be enough DW members to have our own seperate league, would it really matter? If there were only 6~10 of us it would still be fun, and easier for one of us to finish top lol. I'm easy, so i'll go with the flow guys. I'll do pm's later when more time.

I am in just for the laugh of it. No idea how it all works but we will see what happens.

Right the idea is for the laugh of it! It's just a bonus that we get some extra interest over race weekends. :)
No point BBC providing us with fantastic F1 coverage, red-button streams etc, then us all getting bored watching Hamilton thrash everyone each time. This year is gonna be good because the new rules should help overtaking, KERS may be fun ~ +82BHP for around 6 second bursts.

Anyway, thanks for those interested. I set up our own league to join. Click over to the left 'Join League' once signed in. Then click the 'join league' bit next to your team name. Then our league will be 'DigitalWorldz' in the drop-down box. I left it without password so its open for all to join. We'll get a few more so dont be shy :)

Look forward to the challenge and ongoing discussion that our F1 league will create!
Thanks again for all that are interested.

Sweet, cheers for the invite dude, not seen or heard of this before so looks good fun.

Will set it up tomo when I got some time

Thanks

:) Thanks peeps.
I have messaged a few people as I know many members stay away from the Sport section. Anyways I'm confident now that we are going to get quite a few interested so easily worth having our league.

Just to confirm on this second page of the thread.

This is the site you need to register- Fantasy Formula 1 | The F1 Game
Its extremely simple, completely free, totally for fun. Once you have your team created, our league to join is called DigitalWorldz and the password is left blank -cos there isnt one.
See you there and good luck to all. :)

Much appreciate the interest and help with this guys! If everyone joins who says they will we can break into the top 100 leagues :) so thats better than i thought. We will have to set a goal for our league to try and finish higher than a couple of other forums that are signed up. Ie DigitalWorldz needs more points over the season than Avforums!

So any ideas for new recruits, please direct them to this thread. Maybe its worth a mention and linking from the General Chat section?
Members who are not included and signed up by Friday will probably regret not joining us. ;)

----------edit

Would like to add some interesting stuff. This link is a good computer animated review of changes, especially the mention of KERS [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTkVKPdyWs0]YouTube - Sebastian Vettel explains 2009 F1 rule changes[/ame]

I know many of you will already know, but it does seem like overtaking should happen more. Slick tyres, less downforce reliance, and 82 BHP boosts for 6 seconds.

Last edited:
Jeez, what a faff!!!!!! : grim :

Had to ditch my first attempt at an account because I couldn't get email reply. Second attempt succeeded : party :after four failures at CAPTCHA verification. :Kickassro

Finally got there anyway. Nara's no-hopes are ready to roll!

I know many of you will already know, but it does seem like overtaking should happen more. Slick tyres, less downforce reliance, and 82 BHP boosts for 6 seconds.

lol, I just got back from a track day in a Ferrari, had the F360 Challenge Stradale in the morning and the F360 Spyder in the afternoon.

Both were utterly amazing with their 400BHP so I dread to think the feeling of 750BHP in a streamlined piece of kit like an F1.

The thrill of overtaking some pedestrian driver in a yellow Murcielago pushing 140mph was astonishing.

Revives my interest in F1 that's for sure.

hmm £90 million is a bit stingy pretty much means you can only have 1 decent item.

Last edited:
Back