Fake designer goods for homeless

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Homeless people are to be given more than £1m of fake designer clothing seized by trading standards officials in Renfrewshire.

The counterfeit labels include Nike and Adidas trainers, Prada handbags and Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss and Calvin Klein clothes.

The items will be handed to His Church Charity, for use in the UK or overseas.

Fake goods are normally destroyed but these goods will be "rebranded" to stop trade mark laws being broken.

Renfrewshire Council's partnership with His Church Charity will also see food parcels and clothing worth £27,000 being distributed to 25 homeless projects across Paisley, Renfrew and Glasgow.

'Organised criminals'

Councillor Marie McGurk, convener of Renfrewshire Council's environment and infrastructure policy board, said: "The His Church Charity replaces the trade marks and rebrands the items. That means the clothes, shoes and accessories we have seized can be put to good use.

"While it is excellent news that some good is going to come from these products we have to remind people that counterfeiting is not the victimless crime that some of them may think.

"The proceeds from fake goods often go to organised criminals involved in trafficking drugs, weapons and human beings."

As well as recycling counterfeit clothes the His Church Charity also redistributes surplus food donated directly by manufacturers.

BBC News - Fake designer goods for homeless

Good idea and better than destroying it but if I see a homeless person out on the street begging and wearing desinger gear I'd think well you'll bloody well better dressed than me and wouldn't hand over any cash lol

So there are gonna be shit loads of homeless chavs lol.

Nice to see it being donated though.

i wonder wats the out come going to be like hhmmm.

"uk-wales"

what does a homeless person want with a prada handbag? other than to sell it

Back