iPhone Factory Unlock

Sumphucker

Member ++
Reaction score
Ok, paid a guy on ebay who said he could get my iPhone 3GS unlocked, it was on FW 4.3.1, nothing after 2 weeks, contacted him and the excuse was the bank holidays etc so I was going to give him till this coming Friday, in the meantime I decided to downgrade to FW 4.1 this afternoon, iPhone came up with emergency calls only after downgrade, tried kicking it out of recovery with Tiny Umbrella but no joy, stuck in the wifes O2 PAYG sim card and rebooted iPhone, iTunes popped up saying congratulations your iPhone has been unlocked, stuck in my own T-Mobile sim card and it lets me make calls etc, now has the guy managed the unlock or have I been really lucky somehow? I'm a bit wary of JB now in case I lose the unlock, is it really unlocked and safe to JB?

if you just downgraded to 4.1 why don't you just jb then unlock,and why were you paying some idiot from ebay in the first place when all the info you need on jb/unlock can usually be found on this forum first.

cheers.

Ok, I bought the iPhone 2nd hand off eBay, it was on FW 4.3 and was software unlocked but when I updated to 4.3.1 it lost the software unlock even though I used sn0wbreeze and selected preserve the Baseband, the BB was already sitting at 5.16.02 when I got the phone and as you know it is unlockable with FW 4.3.1 hence the reason I paid for a factory unlock via the IMEI number

im sure biffo or one of the other guys should beable to give you more info on this m8 im a bit new to it aswell.

cheers.

Back