Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

F1...all teams sign up for 2010

jaffa

Inactive User
Ferrari and the rest of the teams in the Formula 1 Teams' Association (Fota) have submitted conditional entries for the 2010 championship. Williams announced on Monday that they intend to enter next season's campaign.
McLaren, BMW Sauber, Toyota, Renault, Red Bull Racing, Toro Rosso and Brawn GP have now all followed suit.
The move would appear to bring an end to the recent row with the sport's governing body, the FIA, over the voluntary budget cap.
A statement on behalf of Fota said: "Fota confirms all its members' long-term commitment to be involved in the FIA Formula 1 World Championship.
"It has unanimously agreed further and significant actions to substantially reduce the costs of competing in the championship in the next three years."
Fota said all its teams would race next year if a new financial agreement with F1's management is reached by 12 June.
The association also wants the 2010 season to operate on the basis of current technical regulations.
Ferrari, Renault, Red Bull and Toyota had all threatened to pull out of the sport if the budgetary restrictions were to be forced through.
At a meeting at the Monaco Grand Prix last week, it was agreed in principle to delay the cap until 2011, while motorsport boss Max Mosley has made other concessions to the teams on governance.
The FIA will publish its list of accepted teams and drivers for the 2010 championship on 12 June.

Source

Seems to me that both sides of the argument think they will triumph in more talks.
I see more arguments and stalemates ahead.
The whole things getting on my tits now.

Back