Sky Sports to show every F1 race live from 2019 until 2024

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sky Sports has extended its partnership with Formula 1 to remain the home of F1 in the UK and Ireland until 2024.

As part of the new deal, Sky has agreed a new broadcast partnership with Formula One Management, strengthening its position as the home of sport offering unrivalled choice for fans.

Sky Sports' new partnership with Formula 1:
Exclusive: Sky Sports will be the home of Formula 1 in the UK and Ireland from 2019 to 2024, offering live coverage of every Grand Prix.
Free to air: The FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX, together with highlights of all other races and qualifying sessions, will be shown on a 'free-to-air' basis.
Sky Sports Mix: Additionally, at least two other 'prime time' live races a season will be offered on the soon-to-be-launched Sky Sports Mix channel along with other F1 content.
UHD: For the first time every race starting with the 2017 championship will be shown in the stunning picture quality of Ultra High Definition via Sky Q, the next-generation home entertainment system.

Sky Sports F1 will continue to be the only place to watch each Grand Prix weekend live for the next three seasons in the UK, with 21 races live in 2016 beginning with last weekend's FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX.

The new agreement builds on the success of Sky Sports F1 since the launch of the award-winning channel in 2012. More than 13 million viewers have already enjoyed its live coverage with many more following F1 across Sky Sports' digital outlets.

Bernie Ecclestone, CEO Formula One Group, said: "I am delighted that we will continue to work together. Sky's commitment to the sport and standard of coverage is second to none
Sky Sports to show every F1 race live from 219 until 224 | F1 News

I do like the coverage and this doesn't effect me but I just think this will only damage the sport further. How much money do they have to make. They need to make the sport more engaging and accessible but every decision they make is pushing fans further away .

Bernie is a tit.

What I never get about the Olympics, World Cup and F1 is there are many unpaid volunteers.
There is so much money in this "sport" that they can't paid them but can paid themselves so they still would be million or billionaires.

well I better get summat sorted, won't be able to afford the channel thru virgin, I will be retired so not much spare cash floating about.

have the fire stick with kodi so hope it works in 2 years lol

if they don't sort F1 out and make it more exciting then no one will be watching it in the year 2019.

they cant even decide what they are going to do with qualifying for the next race, its a slam dunk if you ask me, go back the old qualifying .....

Back