External pioneer 111D DVD Rewriter info needed

bambam

Inactive User
Reaction score
i am planning to buy a External pioneer 111D DVD Rewriter to burn my legit orignal owned game backups. I know that this drive along with verbatims dual layer discs make playing a legit backup possible. before buying this i want some body 2 read the specifics below & tell me if this is any good at it.

burnig specifics (look at the chainsaws)

Write Speeds:
DVD-R 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x
DVD-R Dual Layer 2x, 4x, 6x :Chainsaw:
DVD-RW 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x
DVD+R 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x
DVD+R Double Layer 2.4x, 4x, 6x :Chainsaw:
DVD+RW 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x
CD-R 4x, 10x, 16x, 32x, 40x
CD-RW 4x, 10x, 16x, 20x, 24x
Supports "Buffer Under Run" protection 2Mbytes

the problem i got is this burner only burns dvd-r dual layer discs, can anybody plz tell me if i buy this drive and use verbatims DVD-R Dual Layer discs will i be able 2 play my orignally owned backups or do i need to use varbatims DVD+R Dual Layer discs 2 do this.

any help would be grestly appreciated

p.s MODS if i am braking forum rules beacuse i am talking bout backupz then plz close this thread

Last edited:
the 111d will happily burn verb discs at 8x ive done a few now and encounterd no problem

Yeah I was just pointing out that it says + and -

thanks 4 da quick replys. :Cheers:

so it shud be ok then.

@homerj has bigpockets got an offer on or something on pioneer dvd rewriter with all them stuff

That was just the first site I got with google, dunno how the price compares mate. They'll all have the same spec though no matter where you buy it.

is it possible to rent a game from blockbustter and make a "backup" of that and play it on 360 if not why?

veah thats possible theres a few ways to do it,and its pretty simple too

Back