expect petrol prices to soar !

MikeS

Inactive User
Reaction score
just noticed oil has risen from around 100$ a barrel to 114$ a barrel within 2 weeks

we be lucky if we are not paying over 1.35 a litre within 2 weeks

wonder if oil companies are panicking about middle east stability

This country will come to a stand still in a bit nobody can keep up with inflation. Better get dusting the cob webs of my bike at least its a start.

think the middle east crisis will lead us back into recession with how things are turning out

oil prices alone dictate a major piece of this countries economy

And it's not like the UK or US control most of the oil production is it?...Oh wait...

This is inevitable really. Fuel prices will never go down.
I normally fill up petrol at 132 but found aa shell garage yesterday selling at 124 but didn't have time to fill up. Went tody and it had gone up to 126. Still cheap! Filled the tank up full.

Noticed one station had their price was £1.39 ... (was £1.29 last week) found my usual place though had not increased yet (£1.26) so topped up before they put their up

it was optional as wholesale prices dropped a few weeks back but ahve since rose again

many retailers did not pass on the reduction hence difference in price

i personally believe we are only a matter of days away from breaching the 130p litre on petrol

think the middle east crisis will lead us back into recession with how things are turning out

oil prices alone dictate a major piece of this countries economy

we are out of recession ? since when ?

yes my local petrol station was 1.27 yesterday, this morning its 1.30.

It's another excuse to put the prices up again.

think the same is going to happen like it did befor, a big stand still by all the truckers. i think its really unfair wales is the only country in the world which has really high petrol prices, why not other countries?

regards steve.

i paid €1.46 a litre for petrol yesterday, that works out at £1.25.

i think at least half of that is tax though. pretty sure there was a thread posted about tax on petrol on here a couple of weeks ago, and a huge percentage of it is tax in the UK as well.

price of oil should take 6 months to filter onto the forecourt.

This country will come to a stand still in a bit nobody can keep up with inflation. Better get dusting the cob webs of my bike at least its a start.

Lol yup, need to go somewhere local then there's always the old bycicle or the two legs you stand on. Do your bit for the environment and get fitter and more active at the same time not mention not having to worry about petrol rates. ;)

Ridiculous to think that the world is run on the value of oil. The sad part is we don't even need it. Yet the more scarce oil becomes the more expensive it is and that's the point where we are at now. Charging extortionate amounts for the last barrels of oil. I'm not a green nutter but it seems pretty obvious to me that fossil fuels are a zero sum game. What ever happened to the guy who had his car running off water, silenced ?

I paid 138.9 at toddington (J12 M1) last friday for plain unleaded.
paid 127.9 (a127 just before m25 turnoff) yesterday.

I have been doing 160 miles a day so always fill the tank £40+ to get to work and back for 2 days in a 1.1 car :( .

I really don't get it oil companies again post record profits prices keep going up...
Gas and electric companies post record profits but prices again keep going up?

wtf we are getting shafted by the big companies and we keep ****in paying their prices, no wonder they keep putting it up because we will just pay it!

and its bollocks that the current trouble in the genocidal ****ers country is forcing oil prices up they only produce 2% of daily output!!!

Guess who will go visit soon if he doesn't stand down good ole USA and there big guns!!

rant over..

Back