Evri delivery...

Royal Mail every bit as bad at the moment. I ordered a thermal camera from China on 2nd December and FedEx delivered it on the 9th. Ordered a macro lens for the camera same time as I ordered the camera, still not here from Herefordshire.

Royal Mail every bit as bad at the moment. I ordered a thermal camera from China on 2nd December and FedEx delivered it on the 9th. Ordered a macro lens for the camera same time as I ordered the camera, still not here from Herefordshire.
Where did you buy lens from? website?

Had this the last 3 days
"Sorry, there's a delay with your parcel and it's being held in our DPD Local depot; we will update you here shortly"

Where did you buy lens from? website?

Had this the last 3 days
"Sorry, there's a delay with your parcel and it's being held in our DPD Local depot; we will update you here shortly"
Both from different sellers on eBay Joe. They've been in touch asking me to be patient as they know it hasn't been delivered yet. I'm in no serious rush for it but RM are holding our parcels to ransom.
Obviously worse for people who have Christmas presents being held undelivered though.

Untitled.jpg

I have had three pakages go missing/get damaged with Evri. Missing item was a laptop, it is still out for delivery allegedly. Some would think it was stolen by someone between the time it was picked up and the time it was meant to be delivered. Or they damaged it and easier to not own up to damaging it.

Son had an £80 mouse delivered to a person who does not live at a neighbour's address. They left it in open gas meter box, viewable to anyone passing by the property on the main road. E-mail about delivery came 4 days later, so could not collect it.

I'd stay away from Evri.

I mainly buy from Amazon Smile, never a problem with delivery. Occasionally buy from eBay where you have no real control of which delivery service they use.
Only ever had Evri on a couple of occasions and had no problems whatsoever. Royal Mail have a habit of delivering my items to the correct house number but the wrong street.

My local Facebook Community page is full of complaints mostly regarding Evri for missing parcels and Amazon and others for leaving parcels unattended at the front door. I have experienced that often even though I have a nominated safe place for them to be left at. It all depends on the driver you get with Amazon. A delivery driver knocked my front door on Sunday, by the time I reached it he was already on his way round the back to my safe place.
They are under so much pressure they don't feel they can spare the time to wait.

Hmmm i'm waiting for an Amazon delivery, after seeing this thread i had a look at the tracking information. Delivery by "I-Parcel" (who)?
Then had a look at the email amazon sent, that says being sent by Hermes lol, not feeling too confident about getting this order seems Evri/Hermes/I-Parcel are having some sort of identity crisis.
Ps Don't get me started on UPS...:mad:

Hmmm i'm waiting for an Amazon delivery, after seeing this thread i had a look at the tracking information. Delivery by "I-Parcel" (who)?
Then had a look at the email amazon sent, that says being sent by Hermes lol, not feeling too confident about getting this order seems Evri/Hermes/I-Parcel are having some sort of identity crisis.
Ps Don't get me started on UPS...:mad:
Thought I-parcel were ups

I use ups daily for our work parcels that I send out, most times they are great and we have a good relationship with the driver. When it does go wrong though it can be a pain. I just sent a package for one of the bosses here that contained some christmas decs with little value on tuesday from the uk to the usa and they delivered within 48 hours. It took longer doing the customs forms. :D

DPD are just as terrible. I nearly ended up in a fight with my neighbour after I got a message from the DPD deliver that my parcel was with my neighbour. I knocked on my neighbours door. They said they don't have it. I showed them the email. I accused them of lying. Two days later a message from DPD that my parcel was returned to the sender after several attempts to deliver to me. The worst part is you can't complain, the website makes you go round in circles.

Yodel are the worset by far imo.

Bought an item off ebuyer, 5 days later I had an email to say it had been delayed by the courier company as they're super busy and would be delivered saturday. Had the tracking update Saturday, which showed they'd only had the package saturday, so no way it was getting delviered then, even though I was assured it would be delivered saturday.

Sunday comes and the tracking shows parcel out for delivery. Followed the route, got to delivery 44 and stopped. No further updates, tracking didn't move. Nothing was delivered sunday, as you can imagine a little annoyed. Rings ebuyer monday to be assured my package would be delivered monday, they'd checked with the courier, and 100% out for delivery.

Monday comes and goes, and tracking isn't updated, neither is my parcel received. Tuesday comes, checks the tracking again, and it's updated, showing my package had been sent back to Yodel's central hub. Rings ebuyer again, they're like WTF we don't know what's going on. Ebuyer just sent me a new item via NDD, i've told them in no uncertain terms that Yodel are a bag of sheet. How do you even stop a delivery, then send all the remaining packages back to the central hub?

What i have heard is that the public has now started using the cheaper couiers like yodel and envi because the postal workers are on strike. This has just inundated them and they cannot get stuff delivered.

What i have heard is that the public has now started using the cheaper couiers like yodel and envi because the postal workers are on strike. This has just inundated them and they cannot get stuff delivered.
They have been poor way before any RM strikes

Last edited:
Back