Every 172 years

I lasted all of 12 seconds. He mentioned "reality" as though he were the only one capable of grasping it. 😂 😂😂😂

1,200 scientists have signed a World Climate Declaration saying "there is no climate emergency." :rolleyes:

It is always good to look at both sides of an argument.

Unfortunately none of us will be around to know who was right and who was wrong in another couple of centuries but it does seem strange that when I was at school we were being told that we were heading for another mini ice age but now school children are being told that the world will burn out in another 30 years.

I, too, remember that ice age prediction, but there were also others in my lifetime which have proved spectacularly wrong:

1. In the 1970s it was said that if the world population reached 4,000,000,000 there would be mass starvation because we would not be able to produce enough food. The population is now nearly twice that figure and there is plenty of food in the world; where there is famine it is always localised and the result of war or natural disaster.
2. In the 1980s it was predicted that tens of thousands of British people would have died by now from the human form of mad cow disease, but that has not happened.

Scientists are just not very good at predicting the future.

You really do have a bee in your bonnet about climate change Sandra.

What is it about reality that you can't grasp? grim.gif

1,200 scientists have signed a World Climate Declaration saying "there is no climate emergency." :rolleyes:

Published by CLINTEL. An organisation funded by fossil fuel money.

It made good newspaper fodder for the ostriches among us, but isn't taken seriously by the reputable scientific community.

You really do have a bee in your bonnet about climate change Sandra.

What is it about reality that you can't grasp? View attachment 149504
It seems to be you that is more worried about it than me.

Just because I do not worship at the feet of the Goddess Greta Thunderpants, whose parents took advantage of a 15 year old gullible autistic schoolgirl to push their own agenda, like you and those other idiotic eco nutters like XR rebellion and Just Stop Oil who cause so much disruption to normal people's lives by blocking roads or gluing themselves to motorways or paintings, or smashing fuel pumps at filling stations on the motorway service stations doesn't mean that I do not think that the earth's climate is still changing, as it has done ever since it formed and will do until the sun eventually swallows it up.

I just don't see what difference charging us much more for our energy in green taxes and those idiots causing so much disruption here in the UK, when we produce less than 1% of the gasses that are supposedly responsible for climate change, lets just ignore the main cause of it that is that big yellow thing that rises in the east and sets in the west, when China and India and America produce so much more and are increasing their coal powered stations. If we went zero carbon tomorrow the only difference it would make would be to make the poorer people in the UK poorer and colder in the winter and probably kill more older people off earlier than they would normally do.

It seems to be you that is more worried about it than me.

Just because I do not worship at the feet of the Goddess Greta Thunderpants... yadda, yadda, yadda.....

Sounds like a whole hive of bees by the sound of it! new_shocked.gif

You really do need to spend less time absorbing denier propaganda though. Try smelling the roses instead. It might help you dial into reality.

How come when people like me look at both sides of an argument and accept that there could possibly be one side that differs from your own narrow and blinkered view, then it is me and the millions of others like me who are wrong and not you and those other Luddites who go around smashing up petrol pumps, gluing themselves to motorways and worshipping the crap that comes out of your goddess Greta at both ends?

Also why are you using 21st century technology like electricity and the internet to make your inane comments on here instead of joining in with them vandalising people's property and disrupting people's lives before crawling back to your cave to bay at the moon once it rises?

How come when people like me look at both sides of an argument and accept that there could possibly be one side that differs from your own narrow and blinkered view, then it is me and the millions of others like me who are wrong and not you and those other Luddites who go around smashing up petrol pumps, gluing themselves to motorways and worshipping the crap that comes out of your goddess Greta at both ends?

Also why are you using 21st century technology like electricity and the internet to make your inane comments on here instead of joining in with them vandalising people's property and disrupting people's lives before crawling back to your cave to bay at the moon once it rises?

Very eloquent. 👍...but bollocks nonetheless. You do seem to like going on ad nauseam about Greta Thunberg, smashing petrol pumps, and other such civil disturbance, which might impress the weak minded, but has sweet FA to do with the fundamental issue.

(it's called deflective arguing btw.)

I don't know what your problem is. There are always at least two points of view for anything science based, unless it is definitely black and white, until something has been proven to be 100% correct, one way or another. You don't seem capable of thinking logically or critically about anything at all, as regards the climate changing, which even you must admit has gone on over the millennia since the earth was formed and will continue to change long after no humans are able to live on it.

Do you just dislike women altogether or is it that you hate being made to look silly by a woman?

I think you were saying that you have nothing useful or constructive to add in reply to my comment, other than to make another idiotic comment.

Just admit that you hate to be made to look even sillier with your reply than you did earlier on and then leave it alone to save embarrassing yourself even more.

Back