Eurovox EX5000 PVR REPAIR

thebigyin

Inactive User
Reaction score
AT THE EDGE OF LIFE WE ONLY GET ONE CHANCE AT LIFE
i have a eurovox ex5000 pvr it work fine for 6 months then started freezing and some channels was not working so i loaded the new filmware into it and it worked fine for 1 day then it froze again i turned it off from the wall switch and then it went dead no power at all and its still like that the now ive checked the fuse etc but there working fine does anyone know a shop in the north lanarkshire ,,or glasgow area that repairs thease boxes if so please let me know

it needs to be jtagged m8, thats what happened to mine

Hi mate, before you go in the J tag direction, just check the capacitors in the PSU, if they look kind of bubbled on top or leaked replace with new, I think they are 2200 UF...
Search for other posts with the pic's attached.
Every time i've had a dead box these are what cause it...(So far!!!!).

Thanks

my box was working fine untill i put the feb 09 filmware in it.
i was reading on another site that the feb 09 F/W killed cloned boxes i didnt know i had a cloned one but looks like it now ,,how can you tell the difference with a cloned and real eurovox ex5000 pvr

Hi...

I flashed 3 boxes with the Feb 09 update, all were working fine, but one by one all have died, power light does not come on however, with the hardrive installed, you can hear it spin up, so ruling out a power problem, will go down the Jtag route, did not think I had clones either...

Think the safest thing would be if you have a box working all ok, dont flash it with the Feb 09 update...

Will report back on Jtag results...

Ok...

have Jtagged the boxes all fine now... appears that all 3 were clones, will contact the seller today... anyway, if anyone has probs or wants info, please PM me, I will be writing a tut for myself and would be happy to send it on...

Ok...

have Jtagged the boxes all fine now... appears that all 3 were clones, will contact the seller today... anyway, if anyone has probs or wants info, please PM me, I will be writing a tut for myself and would be happy to send it on...

No one can pm you yet m8, you only have 7 posts, can you just post in here what you did so anyone else can try and sort theirs out please

I have a friends box that is suffering from freezing juttering channels. It cant be a clone as it was bought only a few weeks after it was released. Will jtagging help it or is this just for clones?

Hi

My eurovox has suddenly died and like others here came up with error message to see dealer and not to do any firmware messing arnd so can someone tell what jtagged is and how do i go about doing it?

Thanks

i found a guy that repaires ,jtaggs etc,,your box on ebay i sent mines and got it back today everything seems fine on it the now its back up and running it costs £10 to fix and £8:50 to return your box recorded delivery the only prob i had with him is that it took over a week to get my box back rather the 48 hours he stated his name on ebay is uk-cable--solutions
it was my last thing to do as i couldnt get it sorted myself ..you pay with paypal after the repair is done..
i was a little weary as ebay is packed with scammers thankfully it worked out fine this time

you should buy your boxes from a good source none of my familys have flickerd all bought from digi-force

does anyone know where i can find the tsop file for the ex5000

Back