Other ethernet problem

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi, came onto pc about a hour or so ago and internet had red cross on it, went into device manager and no network adaptors are showing, the ethernet port on the pc only has a yellow light on no green light, ive tried reinstalling the drivers had no effect, been into bios and checked nothing has changed and even tried loading defaults aswell, found a wireless usb stick to be getting on with but its not the best, really stumped as to whats happened, the pc mobo is asus p5q , its getting on abit now must of had it 5 years, anyone know what i can try to get it going ? thanks

hi, ive tried the reinstall the driver for ethernet but no joy, most of the drivers on the asus website latest ones are 2009 and 2010 so pretty sure all of mine are up to date,
i did try another cable first but then noticed nothing in device manger, the yellow light is still on the ethernet slot but no green light still,

Try disabling your AV and/or f/wall and see if that makes a difference?
Failing that shutdown your pc, kill the power at the wall and leave off for a min so all power is drained and then boot back up

Back