estarbox dm800se dead - help please.,

oberkorn28

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi

came back today and my estar dm800hd se clone box had green internal light on only - front display was dead - unplugged power and its totally dead.

left it for hours unplugged and its still dead.

been looking at the power adaptor and it has a green led on it - when connected to the box the green light dims for a few seconds, then goes to full brightness.

do i have a faulty power adaptor or is the box knackered - i have unplugged hard drive and tuner and it was still dead.

thanks for any help

pete

sound like its your power adaptor

if you have a Multimeter check to see what volt its kicking out m8

swap psu & pretty sure will be sorted

hi

yes i do have a multimeter - can i have an idiots guide to checking the psu using it then - never used one.

thanks

pretty sure you will have other psu about the house example old netgear/sky router psu or even xmas tree lights psu will work fine

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

look at this video m8 from 3 minutes 55 seconds

yours will not have a canter pin , so invert the red lead into the middle and the black to the out side

- - - Updated - - -

are as @alimac said look for a different power supply , long as its only 12 volt ect

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah - just used my spare plusnet router adaptor 12v 1 amp and it powered up fine.

is there a problem using that as the original is 12v 3 amp

Shame i just ordered one for £10 30 minutes ago

ideally 2 or 3 amp out is best option but can work with less as you have found out use it till new psu arrives wont harm it

Back