Epson 6200L Photoconductor Counter Reset

Renegade

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello.

I've recently replaced the Photoconductor Unit on an Epson EPL6200L printer. The instructions for resetting the Photoconductor counter to zero are :
Double-click the Printers or the Printers & Faxes icon on the control panel. Right-click the icon of your printer, and then click the Printer Settings button on the printer driver's Optional Settings menu, and then click the OPC Level Clear or Reset OPC Level button. Click the OK button in the dialog box that appears.

Seems straightforward enough, except my Optional Settings menu tab is like this...

epson options.JPG

No buttons labelled OPC Clear or Reset :?

Does anyone know where I can find the counter reset?

Thanks.

Hi
I dont know if this is any good for you SSC Service Utility for Epson Stylus Printer.

Main features.

SSC Service Utility allow you to do many amazing things with Your Epson printer :

1) Work directly with CSIC in Epson Stylus printers cartridges.
2) Reset or rewrite any chip using special addon device.
3) Freeze internal ink counters.
4) Reset internal ink counters even with empty cartridges.
5) Separate cleaning of color and black heads for all Epson inkjet printers, powerful cleaning mode.
6) Hot swapping of cartridges supported.
7) Resetting of protection counter (even then it is already full).
8) More then 100 different Epson printers supported

Hello.

I've recently replaced the Photoconductor Unit on an Epson EPL6200L printer. The instructions for resetting the Photoconductor counter to zero are :

Seems straightforward enough, except my Optional Settings menu tab is like this...

View attachment 65199

No buttons labelled OPC Clear or Reset :?

Does anyone know where I can find the counter reset?

Thanks.

Are you using plug and play drivers or the driver suite?

That's for older ink jets, the 6200L appears to be a laser.

Hi.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the printer is laser. I've installed it using the Epson Installation CD and not PnP.

I've fired an email to Epson and awaiting their reply.

Back