Epg?

OK, I've sorted the epg problem,...I just switched from satmate-uk to rytec-SKYUK,..take a look at the epg options (blue button then red button) & selected rytec-SKYUK then (yellow) to download,....perfect full epg data.

I use Rytec. Very quick to download and works great.

OK, I've sorted the epg problem,...I just switched from satmate-uk to rytec-SKYUK,..take a look at the epg options (blue button then red button) & selected rytec-SKYUK then (yellow) to download,....perfect full epg data.

Sorry to be a noob here m8, but I can't seem to find that rytec-sky uk via the method you mentioned above?? was it already in the list with the others , ie sky it, skyuk, foxtel ......

Thanks

Hando

Just manually added rytec to black hole v0.12 and works great so far.

Thanks as i hadn't noticed that server.

what image are you using ? from memory you,....Goto addon section choose dreamelite settings in download panel,
then look for v3 epg provider update install this..it might take bit of searching through the menus but the option to
add more epg providers is in there somewhere

Last edited:
Just manually added rytec to black hole v0.12 and works great so far.

Thanks as i hadn't noticed that server.
thats the problem,..I don't think handoginhe has the rytec-SKYUK option in his settings,..either did I at first,..I had to add it by the method above.

what image are you using ? from memory you,....Goto addon section choose dreamelite settings in download panel,
then look for v3 epg provider update install this..it might take bit of searching through the menus but the option to
add more epg providers is in there somewhere

Hi, I'm using nabilo blackhole 012 image on a dm800hd clone.

Thanks

Hando

Im using the same image & i did the following.
Blue/Blue/
Black Hole EPG Panel
Yellow (to add a server)
Red (Virtual Keyboard)
Server Name: rytec-SKYUK
EPG.dat Url: http://www.xmltvepg.be/uk/epg.dat.gz,7,none

Press green to save, then update as before but this time using the new server.

Last edited:
Im using the same image & i did the following.
Blue/Blue/
Black Hole EPG Panel
Yellow (to add a server)
Red (Virtual Keyboard)
EPG.dat Url: http://www.xmltvepg.be/uk/epg.dat.gz,7,none

Press green to save, then update as before but this time using the new server.

@lorrebreaker

I added this to my list and when it downloads it's crashing my box just like satmate does.
If you get a spare 5mins can you see if it's still updating on your box.

Thanks in advance

Hando

Just updated mine after seeing your post & its still working ok here.

I must be doing something wrong then, I'll have a look and see if I can work it out.
I do noticed that I'm getting crash logs and it says that there's not not enough space left , which weird because I 2gb stick in the back and I re formated it prior ???

Thanks for the reply.

Hando

I also use a 2GB stick for the epg, have you tried storing the epg on the hdd just to see if the problem is with your usb stick.

I also use a 2GB stick for the epg, have you tried storing the epg on the hdd just to see if the problem is with your usb stick.

Haven't got a hhd hooked up yet, got another usb stick tho , so might swap it over.

Thanks for the replys

Hando

Update
Nah tired that, I did notice that when I entered the server details , it doesnt show the last bit, (,7none)

I find it a bit strange as the satmate epg also crashes my box when I try to update/download it ???

Last edited:
Your quite right mine doesn't show the , (,7none) bit either. Updated again since my last message & its still working fine this end.

Sorry to be a pain but could you just check to see that the server details are correct as you posted earlier, just so I can rule that out .

Thanks m8

Hando

No problem, im using:
URL: http://www.xmltvepg.be/uk/epg.dat.gz

Last edited:
Defiantly a strange one, my epg was working fine (satmate) until a few days ago when I tried to update it and it made my box crash, I done some reading up and found out the guy who's sorts the satmate is on holiday and thought that was why.
Since then I correctly put in the rytec server details and this also causes my box to crash/restart ??

Tried the skyuk one that gets it from the opentv stream (hiphop)but tbh honest it's pants and dint pick much up.

Will have a another dabble tomorrow.

Thanks for the help:)

Hando

Mobisat is now back from his holidays & as uploaded the new epg, so give that a try. Should be working now.

Just given it a try & it crashed again.

Last edited:
Tried satmate and rytec and was still getting the same crash/reboot problem, so I changed the path to media/net instead of media/usb and bingo ......it worked :)
Strange but it worked ...

Thanks for the help m8 :)

Hando

Back