England v Germany

I can hear our very own Mr Dutch making a case for Darren Bent and he would be spot on! 2nd top scorer (Striker) in the EPL last season and he doesn't even get considered!

A fuckin' 10 year old boy could have picked a better squad of players to go to SA.

6 million per year! Capello is laughing all the way to the bank and taking the FA for a ride! If he's not gone in the morning then the FA are mugs!

How many foreign managers are England going to go through before they realise that it has to come from the heart?

Deserved everything they got and were lucky it was only 4-1.

I never seen England during qualification but have to assume they played well to get there? However they are fuckin delusional if they thought they were going to win the world cup on they performances.

By the way the England team are flying into Glasgow Airport where they will recieve a heros welcome ;)......................Joke :)

England was awesome in qualification and looked like genuine contenders, on World cup performances got exactly what they deserved.

well well well..... what a debacle.... for all the rio ferdinand haters he could have prevented the 1st 2 goals.... terry, upson & fckin glen johnson couldnt even get there positioning right and basically couldnt defend the sh*tbags! johnson top of opta stats blah blah blah! the guy is crap, useless... got skinned on his side so many times.... everyone outside anfield can see it the he is crap defensively and he was just as awful goin forward which is something he usually does pretty well! terry the idiot was he just out to sabotage our chances? what was he doing when they scored the 3rd/4th goals...? and upson what a joke! why take dawson when ur not gona play him?

as for rooney being world class? we can put that to bed now. world class players make things happen, create chances, create goals, take shots etc... this guy cant do any of that. look at messi rippin teams to shreds, thats is world class.....

at the end of the day we are shite and to score 3 measley goals is 4 games is pathetic. different manager, different tactics, different coaches but same shit players... why cant people see where the problem lies!?

the premier league is not the best league in the world, our pathetic media seems to think it is! thank god for the foreign players in the prem league or else we'd be watchin these overpaid english players week in week out!

p.s i knew we'd struggle in the world cup this year... https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/232069/

Last edited by a moderator:
you know i have now realised during this world cup that it means more to me that my team win on a sat (sun, mon, wed what ever sky/espn dictate) than if England do....its not that i am not patriotic its just so frustrating that i almost cant be a*sed watching.

undoubtedly most of the players would be considered well above average and most of the team are the same players who have been around for some years so they all know each other.

if the England "team" where a company then in all honesty they wouldn't last long in the real world, the have a flash sale outfit but the product stinks.

roll on 14th August when the premiership starts.

well well well..... what a debacle.... for all the rio ferdinand haters he could have prevented the 1st 2 goals.... terry, upson & fckin glen johnson couldnt even get there positioning right and basically couldnt defend the sh*tbags! johnson top of opta stats blah blah blah! the guy is crap, useless... got skinned on his side so many times.... everyone outside anfield can see it the he is crap defensively and he was just as awful goin forward which is something he usually does pretty well! terry the idiot was he just out to sabotage our chances? what was he doing when they scored the 3rd/4th goals...? and upson what a joke! why take dawson when ur not gona play him?

as for rooney being world class? we can put that to bed now. world class players make things happen, create chances, create goals, take shots etc... this guy cant do any of that. look at messi rippin teams to shreds, thats is world class.....

at the end of the day we are shite and to score 3 measley goals is 4 games is pathetic. different manager, different tactics, different coaches but same shit players... why cant people see where the problem lies!?

the premier league is not the best league in the world, our pathetic media seems to think it is! thank god for the foreign players in the prem league or else we'd be watchin these overpaid english players week in week out!

p.s i knew we'd struggle in the world cup this year... https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/232069/
Respect your opinion on most things but now and again you get it wrong only in my opinion. Different tactics may have came up with the same shit result but had Fabio switched tac a tickle sooner England would have won the group. We got a stack of players played put of position even defoe ahead of rooney was a mistake. Gerrard had a decent tournament although played in attacking midfield could have had a fkin riot. Joe cole introduced late on the right side of midfield ??? Right footed gerrard played left???? Terry played left ?? Of course were shit

England team for 2014

.............................J Hart.............................

...Richards......Dawson.....Tomkins........Gibbs....

....Lennon......Rodwell.........Milner.........Young....

.............................Rooney.............................

.................................Agbonlahor....................

England team for 2014

Oh aye thats gonna have world football shittin itself

In all honesty here and this aint a go ant England as I do like the players tbh but this is my honest assessment.

The English prem is regarded by England as the best league in the world but how many of the teams have a hardcore of english talent driving them on week in week out.

So for the most they are surrounded by top quality foreign players who I think make some of them look better than they are.

Who are the flair and creative players for England ?

Unless the Prem stops the influx of foreign talent or limits the number of them then I dont see England being a force on the world stage. But unfortunately in modern times players main want in life is league football IMHO.

what a great post hits the nail right on the head,also no one played with pride or passion,the do or die attitude,if your gonna get beat at least go down fighting.

I know that hindsight is a wonderful thing but, is there anybody on here that would have put the same team out as Capello did yesterday?

He has certainly gone down in my estimation over the course of this tournament.

Thelre you go again allowing perception to cloud reality.
This so called crap player was in fact Englands highest rated defender and second highest rated player according to the Fifa website statistics.
Now if you would like to provide your own statistics of when he was skinned and by whom, instead of just throwing in a random comment.

Just for comparisons
Gerrard 9.31
Johnson 9.23
Cole 8.96
Lampard 8.73
Terry 8.57
James 8.31
Rooney 7.51

Free Counselling available for all England supporters.....

call helpline

0800 4-1-4-1-4-1

I know that hindsight is a wonderful thing but, is there anybody on here that would have put the same team out as Capello did yesterday?

He has certainly gone down in my estimation over the course of this tournament.

Not Me....
i wudda played lennon...j cole...crouch...king...right from the bloody start !

Outclassed by a better team LUCKY it wasn`t more than 4. best england player on the pitch the goalie ffs

England team for 2014

...probably managed by new England boss for 2014... David Beckham!!

I live in Central America and if you'd have seen the TV coverage down here you really would think he WAS the manager!

Every couple of minutes the camera cut back to David Beckham to see David Beckham's reaction to some match incident or just to see David Beckham in deep concentration.

On another note, it's kinda scary that those really impressive German players like Ozil are barely 20 years old, and they are ALREADY that good?! While we wait for our 20 year olds like Gibbs to try and get a run of games for their club sides, far less to the national team.

Last edited:
Thelre you go again allowing perception to cloud reality.
This so called crap player was in fact Englands highest rated defender and second highest rated player according to the Fifa website statistics.
Now if you would like to provide your own statistics of when he was skinned and by whom, instead of just throwing in a random comment.

Just for comparisons
Gerrard 9.31
Johnson 9.23
Cole 8.96
Lampard 8.73
Terry 8.57
James 8.31
Rooney 7.51

the defence were very poor yesterday and that includes johnson. he kept on goin upfield yet there were times when he wouldnt get back and podolski at time and space. he was taken on on countless occasions and was caught out of position... im not sayin he was solely to blame, i think terry was the worse from all of them, he was just plain shit! the thing about johnson is that when he upfield, he did nothing there either. i'v always said johnson he better going forward then having to defend and i also said after the algeria game (someone mentioned johnson & his defending) that at that time our issues were with goals and not with the defence but if we were to come up against a decent side, johnson would be found out and he was yesterday...

i think gerrard played well, no denying that... he woulda player better in the middle but it was capello's choice...

even as a utd fan ive never rated rooney as a world class player so it doesnt bother me where he is on that list. ruud van nistelrooy scored 44 (tap-in) goals for utd in one season and was never considered a world class player so how rooney who scored 34 (tap-in) goals last season is considered world class is beyond me?

@ gasman: fair enough on the tactics, maybe it woulda been a different story, we'll never know... however i believe that very good players can play in a variety of positions and make effect the game from wherever they play... u look at the top players in the world, messi, ronaldo, villa etc these guys can effect the game from almost anywhere. they can play right, left and centre from the midfield onwards (not defence)... players like xavi, iniesta & fabregas can play anywhere across the midfield and in the hole behind the striker... now tell me how many of our players can do that? how many have the versatility to do that? can u see barry/lampard playing in the hole or on the right/left of midfield and have an effect on the game? i cant......

as for terry playing on the right of defence? lol that is joke because a world class centre back should be able to play right/left centre. i cant believe this has even been brought up. he is a centre back, playing in central defence, no excuses, he was hopeless! and the reason he was playing there was because upson is all left foot...

at the end of the day yes capello was at fault but, the shit players even more at fault... capello just didnt have the quality tools for the job and for that reason couldnt get the job done...

Last edited:
David blaine's world record of staying in a box doing fook all has been smashed by one wayne rooney.

Back