England Game.

read somewhere the FA would have received around £25 million if they had qualified. So why would they keep someone who has lost them earning £25 million. He's history

not a good night for england - no fight in them - so who are you going to replace him with? :banana:

Can't believe we didn't qualify, still gutted with a sick feeling in my stomach.

We got out played from every angle of the pitch and full marks to croatia, there players showed alot more energy and determination to win the game then some of our players did.

What the feck was mclaren thinking, i don't blame the keeper for england getting kicked out, it's the managers fault for picking the wrong team and formation Beckham should of started from the start, as well as paul robinson. Someone needed to wake mclaren up during the game by hitting him over the head with that umbrella, he just stood there like merry poppins the doughnut, lack of confidence.

How does that old saying go again,
oh I remember
[EVIL]
THEY THINK
IT'S ALL OVER
IT IS NOW
[/EVIL]

You dont fancy the England job do you?

LOL
yea wouldn't mind it..
i for one ain't a yes man!! LOL

erm about the mourinho thing... remember Jose said his next job would most likely be in Germany or Italy as he wants new challenge and wants to learn a new language...

but it will be great to see him at the job..
the only downfall of that is he will pick Lampard over Gerrard = terrible move..

i just want to say.. remember all those games where England played 4-4-2 with Gerrard and Barry in the middle? well England's midfield had a fluidity about it.. but when Lampard is brought back.. thats alllllll gone...

remember all those games where England played 4-4-2 with Gerrard and Barry in the middle? well England's midfield had a fluidity about it.. but when Lampard is brought back.. thats alllllll gone...

One of McLaren's problems was the fact that he seemed to be incredibly dumb. Most fans (except the Chelsea ones), could see that Lampard and Gerrard couldn't play together. Gerrard and Barry worked together well.

So what did the dumb tw*t do?

One of McLaren's problems was the fact that he seemed to be incredibly dumb. Most fans (except the Chelsea ones), could see that Lampard and Gerrard couldn't play together. Gerrard and Barry worked together well.
So what did the dumb tw*t do?

also the last 3 Wembley games were all won 3 - 0 with 4-4-2 why change to 4-5-1

also the last 3 Wembley games were all won 3 - 0 with 4-4-2 why change to 4-5-1
He only needed a draw thats why he went 4-5-1. The only trouble with that is you need a defence.
The other problem was that Croatia had nothing to lose by having a go.
I think it would have been difficult for any team in they circumstances.
Maclaren did make a fundamental error by blooding a new keeper in such shity conditions in such a crucial match.
But still its all ifs and maybees.

I would have played 4-4-2 and started with Beckham and Defoe. and had Robinson in goal. England havent had a worldclass goalkeeper since Peter Shilton but I doubt Robinson would have made the howler Carson did.

Back