****@ ellie1998****

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
mate when you have a spare minute or 2 can you wack this on your 800SE and see if it runs and updates my Bouquets :)

sure its temp ahh you know anyway :)

Attachments

• ratsplugin.tar.gz
    2.9 KB · Views: 2
Ok had to rename it to .TGZ,wouldnt install otherwise as the DM800se only recognises .tgz or .ipk,
restarted enigma2 but although it said it installed fine there is no sign of it anywhere lol

Ok looked a bit harder into this,

on the DBUK image there is a Bouquet Updater option,
the options on this are set by the attached .xml file,
this in turn depending on whose channel list you want to update runs the corresponding .sh file which is also attached,

I'm sure its just a matter of editing it to suit your Bouquets m8 :)

Attachments

• BouquetUpdater.zip
    721 bytes · Views: 1
  • BouquetUpdate-DreamboxUKLondon.zip
    626 bytes · Views: 1
cheers Dave fingers crossed someone can make it work :proud:

the dbuk image has a setting to download from their server, they have numerous channel lists, and what 'region' you select, chooses what channel list you download

i did install the dbuk image onto my 800, and its gone wild ever since lol

i did start working on a plugin, based upon the dbuk idea, which is based on another idea, but would make things a LOt easier for the end user, but its way too complex for the limited knowledge i have at the moment

but the basics are, you enter the first bit of your post code, which is then referenced to a small database, and links it to the regional services for your area, then when your channel list is updated, it updates for YOUR region

i need to learn a LOT more about python scripting before ill get it going, but, it is pssible, and would work with rats existing channel list (or any other one in theory) as itd use the unique channel identifiers to select what regional one youd have as 1, 2, 3 etc, instead of downloading one of 9 or 10 pre made channel lists

The only problem I can see is in your .sh file one of the commands involves getting your files which are in a tar.gz file and then extracting them on the box,this might fall down there if this box doesn't support tar.gz files,

then again I might be talking shite :)

As an aside ,
when I was searching earlier for a way to change the bootlogo on the DM800se,all I came across was for the DM800/Enigma2 and going by that description there seems to be a difference in the folder/file layout,

now either these were really old tuts or I was seeing things as I would have thought that all enigma2 receivers would have the same folder/file layout?

Id love for this plugin to work on all E2 receivers :) if at all possible

Id love for this plugin to work on all E2 receivers :) if at all possible

Ok I keep going back to this lol

If you look at the .sh file I attached above and yours John,there is not much between them,the DBUK one seems to update the satelitte.xml as well as some other files at the same time,

I cant see any reason yours could not be merged with whats there at the minute,till we get round to making it a separate plugin,
I may have time to do this over the weekend but dont hold me to it,
purely just to see if it will work in theory :)

the .sh script downloads and unpacks files to the receiver m8, from a channel list that rat keeps updated, this list includes a satellites.xml file (im sure it does anyway lol)

ill fire up the linux laptop and take a look at the files youve attached :)

the scripting looks similar (just a quick peek at the files in notepad lol)

the xml calls a script (/usr/script/BouquetUpdate-DreamboxUKMancs.sh), then the script runs the same as rats updater, starting

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

it downloads, and unpacks the files, the reloads the services

i have this image on my dm800, even if its not stable for some reason, but ill work on making it work :)

heres the 'regional' packs they have at the moment ;)

Code:

some other interesting files also available if you browse through here ;) picons, packages, etc

Code:

info from the satellites xml file hosted on the same archive

Code:

i know the server i use to host files/sites can run scripts, i wonder if its be possible to write a script, that would run at 5am UK time every day, to update a satellite xml file on the server, this would be a good thing, as then in a plugin, you could have a simple 'update sat.xml' option, which would download the latest one via the remote

looking at the site, its got things so only humans can download from it, which is no really biggy, its something that could be done once a week as it only takes a minute to do

Ok so i edited the Bouquets.xml file to include Rats Bouquets and they show up in the list like this

Capture-21.jpg

This then goes to the are you sure screen lol

Capture2-3.jpg

But it then fires an execute error 127 message saying:
/bin/sh: /usr/script/BouquetUpdate-Rat.sh: not found

Capture3-2.jpg

Sorry about the last pic lol

Any ideas??

p.s. and yes the BouquetUpdate-Rat.sh is in usr/script ;)

ftp into the receiver, and right click rats script, and make sure the properties are CHMOD 755 m8 (or it could be 775)

ftp into the receiver, and right click rats script, and make sure the properties are CHMOD 755 m8 (or it could be 775)

I had already set it to 755 m8,I even tried 777 but its not seeing it :(

this is the problem im getting to run my scripts on any other receiver then the tm800, but, i dont know why, ive even tried editing an existing script on a dm800, but as soon as i rewrite it, i get the same errors??

Its very strange as even if I telnet in it is in there as bold as brass,
I dont mind if it falls over when executed but not to be seen at all is a head fcuk :(

Back