electronics/electrical fix project

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have had a new front door fitted and nice it is too.

the guy when fitting or removing the old frame has managed to break the bell wire from the bell push to bell box.

i said to MRS no problem ill just get a new wireless one the old one is a million years old.

well she dont like the bell chimes on the new door bell gggrrrrrr she likes the old one.

What i thought was i should be able to use the new wireless bell push and the box it connects to and use the output to the buzzer to drive a relay that will simulate pressing the old door bell.

not sure i have explained this properly but i went to maplin and the guy looked at me like i was trying to get to the moon, i am sure years ago maplin was full of nerdy guys who would just jot down on a piece of paper the circuit you needed and what components to to buy....ah well no more.

Any body any ideas i sort of have but all i can imagine is pressing the button on wireless bell and box frizzling cos output has got draged down by the wrong relay ......if any one has any curcuits that can be adapted ?

tia

Would it not be more simple just to get another wife mate,there is just no pleasing some folk lol,tell her you will fit the old one and drill through her lovely door/frame because bell wire is 100 feet for a quid ,and if she still isn't happy you will have plenty left to tie her up whilst she listens to the new cordless tunes,she will eventually get used to it mate and give in ,but I do understand her initial fear...;)

would it not just be easier to replace the wire where the existing door bell was?. or a bigbadblue05 said get another wife :Doc:.

could you not disconnect the speaker in the wireless box and run the wires from the old chime box to it instead?. Yes it maybe a different voltage but as it is a low voltage circuit it should work with a little adaption if needed.

Back