Elderly english gentleman in france

die5el

Inactive User
Reaction score
An elderly English gentleman of 83 arrived in Paris by plane.

At the French immigration desk, the man took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry-on bag.

"You have been to France before, monsieur?" the Immigration officer asked, sarcastically.

The elderly gentleman admitted he had been to France previously.

"Then you should know well enough to have your passport ready."

The English gentleman says, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible. All Englishmen have to show their passports on arrival in France !"

The elderly gentleman gave the French Immigration Officer a long hard look.

Then he quietly explained.

"Well, the last time I was here, I came ashore on Juno Beach on D- Day in June 1944, and I couldn't find any ****ing Frenchmen to show it to"

He should go and see Platini and put him straight.

lol, reminds me about the actual quotes from pilots when an air traffic controler in berlin screaming at a pilot about not knowing which way he was going, and thge pilot replied with something like the last time he flew to berlin it was dark and he didnt stop (bombing) lol

lol, reminds me about the actual quotes from pilots when an air traffic controler in berlin screaming at a pilot about not knowing which way he was going, and thge pilot replied with something like the last time he flew to berlin it was dark and he didnt stop (bombing) lol

Apparently it's a true story. reported by an American aircrew in the 1970's

The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.
Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."
Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven." The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.
Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"
Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."
Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"
Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark,... and I didn't land."

Back