Ebuyer's F&H LCD TVs. Anybody got one? Want a new 15" TV

Dazza

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm going to buy the Missus a new TV for Xmas I think, for the kitchen as she's always moaning about the one we have currently...!

Can anybody advise what these F&H TVs are like, are they decent for the money?

What is the picture and sound quality like?

I did buy the wee fella one of the Ebuyer Visitron(?) LCD's a while ago, and TBH, even though it was dirt cheap, it's utter crap. The sound and picture quality is lousy and pish poor. :(

If these F&H aren't much cop, then can anybody recommend a decent, widescreen, 15" LCD, for as little as possible! Lol. (No more than £150 tops)

Is the Tesco Tecknika(?) stuff anygood?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks peeps.

I am also looking at the F&H TV's, the 3 year warranty looks good.

One of the Inlaws got a 15" TV comby from asda at at the weekend for £107 it looked good and the sound seemed OK. I asked them again about it and the only fault they could find was with the viewing angle seems narrow. I did not notice that myself at the time. I am sure a visit to Asda would confirm or deny if it a problem.

Slightly off topic, but I have just been to costco, as I am considering buying my daughter a 19-22" LCD TV. Having seen the things up close I am going to have to go for a 22".

The 19" is no larger than her now broke 14" CRT (apart form it being widescreen), so an absolute waste of cash at £150+. I know how they measure screens but jesus, it was teeny.

22" it is (probably a samsung when the price is right).

I am sure a visit to Asda would confirm or deny if it a problem.

Haven't got an Asda nearby by unfortunately. Nearest is about 30 miles away.

Surely some DW'ers have got one of these F&H things!? :proud:

This 19" has good reviews, and comes with a dvd player that apparently plays xvid/divx.

The problem is that even though it sounds like an expensive german make, it isn't. So it will contain cheap and tacky parts.

Or spend £40 extra and get a good one

Or spend £40 extra and get a good one

Thanks mate, looking at those F&H reviews, they seem to say the sound is shite still, which sounds like they haven't improved them since I bought the lad his. (Before the name/brand change)

Looks like I'll have to spend a bit more. Bleddy woman! ;)

If anybody knows of a decent 15" with DVD built in, post here! :)

I did buy the wee fella one of the Ebuyer Visitron(?) LCD's a while ago, and TBH, even though it was dirt cheap, it's utter crap. The sound and picture quality is lousy and pish poor. :(

I bought the 37" LCD Visitron for my Son last year.

It's fooking garbage. Static HDTV images are gorgeous but as soon as there is any amount of movement it suffers from chronic motion blur.

Sound is hollow and tinny, even turning the bass up full makes very little difference.

Defo go for 22", the 19"'s are tiny once in widescreen.

i got a 22" Freeview Teknika from Tesco with built in DVD player/HDMI input for £149 about 2/3 months ago. The new model was out (with ipod dock built in) for £189 but they had tons of the non-ipod ones in stock and they were £40 off!! in store only as they're still full price in the webby : Technika 22" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview & DVD player LCD22-208 - Tesco.Direct

built quality is ok, doesn't look too cheap - perfect for bedroom/kitchen use. got a flush mount wall bracket for a few quid too.

I bought the 37" LCD Visitron for my Son last year.

It's fooking garbage. Static HDTV images are gorgeous but as soon as there is any amount of movement it suffers from chronic motion blur.

Sound is hollow and tinny, even turning the bass up full makes very little difference.

Thanks W mate, sounds exactly like the lads 15" job. Utter pish.

Thanks W mate, sounds exactly like the lads 15" job. Utter pish.

One of the worst telly's I've ever seen.

Easily the worst TV I've owned.

Has really put me off LCD, lol

I know it's a cheap telly, but come on for **** sake, it's sheer garbage.

lol

Defo go for 22", the 19"'s are tiny once in widescreen.

i got a 22" Freeview Teknika from Tesco with built in DVD player/HDMI input for £149 about 2/3 months ago. The new model was out (with ipod dock built in) for £189 but they had tons of the non-ipod ones in stock and they were £40 off!! in store only as they're still full price in the webby : Technika 22" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview & DVD player LCD22-208 - Tesco.Direct

built quality is ok, doesn't look too cheap - perfect for bedroom/kitchen use. got a flush mount wall bracket for a few quid too.

Thanks bud, I'll have a look at these. I've got an old Technika DVD player which I have to admit has pretty solid.

Only worry I have about getting a bigger screen is, it has to sit under the kitchen wall cupboards, but on top the worktop. (IYKWIM?) So space is limited.

The 500c also has to fit under, or above the TV. Currently it's resting (firmly) on top the 15" Ventura TV, and there is literally clearance only for a business card between the 500 and the top kitchen units, so I'm worried getting a bigger screen, may feck up this system! (At a rough guess I'd say there is about 18" of space between worktop and under side of wall unit.)

Anyway, thanks! Sorry for the ramble. Lol

If your really need a 15" and want to go cheap/shit argos are doing a combi for £99

These arent bad - and with a name like "videocon" you have to appreciate their sence of humour

I sell these for £180 and they are worth the cash, pic is reasonable - freeview and dvd player remote is poorly laid out but usable and the build quality is cheap but it sounds and looks alright

A bit late perhaps, bt I work for a TV repair outfit...

I bought my other halfs parents a 19" with DVD as it was on offer a while back. Can't really fault it. The picture is nice, and we've yet to have one come in to repair. Only let down is the fact that all the wiring is on the left hand side of the set, with the aerial cable at the top, so you see a big ferkin mass of wiring poking out the side of the thing.

Other than that, I'd rather have the F&H than the Vestel based Tecnika sh*t that we normally get in (easy to repair though).

If your really need a 15" and want to go cheap/shit argos are doing a combi for £99

I've taken the plunge and ordered a 19" jobbie from M&S. Looking at their dimensions on the same unit, but without the DVD, it looks like I might just squeeze it all underneath the cupboards... I've managed to get some money off the price, and added a voucher code or two, so it came in at around £175/180, which seems ok I guess... If the worst comes to the worst, I'll just take it back in store for a refund and shoot myself. ;)

Thanks guys.

Back