Ebay Seller Palicomp- Anyone Bought anything Off

Gunner786

Inactive User
Reaction score
i just won a bid with them and considering their feedback im taking a big risk,
link to my winning bid:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=110184335607&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001
anyone else had any dealings with him?
eBay Feedback Profile for palicomp
Heres a pm i got from one of his other buyers,
there was more than one problem, I mean:
1. there was no operating system on hard drive, this is not such a big problem but in the offer it was written like there will be windows vista, I get clear hard drive
2. my front panel was seriously damaged, I had to use a tape to fix it quickly, in my opinion it was not a fault of Royal Mail becouse it was good packed, I think that palicomp knew about it and he send me broken, anyway in the SUpport/Warranty Information and F.A.Q. which I get with this pc its written: "My front panel or side panel is damaged/cracked" and explain of palicomp: "This is simple one. Case damage cannot be avoided unfortunately it is something that happens every week to one to two customers (strange, they know about it and for them its a normal thing - yaziek) and even though as you can see we fully bubble wrap the pc, it can still happen" that was true, it was fully bubble wrap so why it get broken? They can ereplace your panel but you have to call to them, wait for package etc.
3. Front audio/mic isnt working, its explained like that: "These ports are hardly used anymore so we do not connect them up (...) you need to seek your own support" ...
Im not happy about this pc, it should have a fast hard drive but its so slowy that I cant belive this, its not my fault beacouse I have new OS, with firewall, antyvirus and I know how to take care about pc, I dont know what is wrong.
So think twice before you buy something from this seller, you have been warned :p

Last edited:
Hello gunner2007,
I bought my pc from them, dual core with 2 gig ram. Not as fast as I would have hoped but may well be down to something I've done.
This pc also arrived with a badly damaged front. I reported it and they eventually replaced it for me and for some unknown reason sent me yet another one a week later.
I too complained that the front audio connections weren't working and received the same reply as in your pm. Some weeks later I had an occasion to use the floppy only to find that it had a fault, still has. Palicomp failed to respond about this even though I emailed them several times.
My pc also has a tendency to switch itself off every now and then and has done so since about 2 months after I bought it. Windows reports it as probably being down to a hardware problem, cpu or ram.

I would never buy from them again. I hope you have better luck m8.

Chookey

Hello gunner2007,
I bought my pc from them, dual core with 2 gig ram. Not as fast as I would have hoped but may well be down to something I've done.
This pc also arrived with a badly damaged front. I reported it and they eventually replaced it for me and for some unknown reason sent me yet another one a week later.
I too complained that the front audio connections weren't working and received the same reply as in your pm. Some weeks later I had an occasion to use the floppy only to find that it had a fault, still has. Palicomp failed to respond about this even though I emailed them several times.
My pc also has a tendency to switch itself off every now and then and has done so since about 2 months after I bought it. Windows reports it as probably being down to a hardware problem, cpu or ram.

I would never buy from them again. I hope you have better luck m8.

Chookey
looks like it wont do much good getting in contact with them,
can i just send them any old computer/item back and give paypal a tracking number?

I would be asking why theres only 512Mb ram installed?

If i was you and i bought this base unit the first thing i would do was beef up the Ram as thats a small amount now. My pc i got 3-4 years ago now started with that amount.

I would be asking why theres only 512Mb ram installed?

If i was you and i bought this base unit the first thing i would do was beef up the Ram as thats a small amount now. My pc i got 3-4 years ago now started with that amount.
im planning to buy the ram from somewhere else,
wanna get asless things as possible from palicomp knowing their reputation for faulty items

On a slight angle here, if you need to check feedback from a seller at Ebay use Toolhaus
It can show you the good, bad or Neutral feedback.
Works well when you have somebody with a large amount of feedback.

HERE is palicomps.

I understand it may be to late now, but maybe for future reference..

mate, why didnt you just build your own? They call a 80gb sata drive with 2mb cache - lightening fast LOL, 16mb cache is fast but 2mb?????

Back