eBay / Parcelforce

SSS09

Inactive User
Reaction score
eBay.ie: CUBEREVO-MINI ( IPBOX 900 HD ) Linux Satellite Receiver (item 230314740631 end time 29-Dec-08 16:12:47 GMT)

So i bought a sat box from estonia on the 30th.
I asked for him to send it with 3-5 day delivery and this would cost an extra £50 so i agreed and payed.

Its been sat on this progress ( on the parcelforce site ) for nearly 10 days now....

Parcel number: EE0******4EE

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event
30-12-2008 17:47 Delivery Agent - TALLINN - PTT Left origin country
30-12-2008 17:36 Delivery Agent - TALLINN - PTT Arrived at Outward OE

I enquired about why it was taking so long and he said this....

Hello, I think something goes wrong with your parcel. Today I asked in nearest post office, and the said that EMS to London, for example, always takes no more than 3 days for delivery. Also I wrote today to parcelforce in UK via contact form, but I received only automatic email. If it not hard for you, please call to parcelforce to nr. 08708 50 11 50 (I found this nr in PF help section). I am also will go to central post office (I've sent your parcel from there, because it faster than from local) and ask what happened. I am very sorry for this situation, but try to understand, not all depend from me.
With best regards,
Roman.

And a day later....

Hello I am already did it. I have one client - she is the director of our local post office. I've asked to help she with this situation. She has told, that the greatest mistake, it to send something on December, 30th or 31. Also she has contacted with people who arrange EMS delivery from Estonia. Now I have following info: in EMS database parcel with this nr. don't have our customs mark. It means that it was lost somewhere here, in Estonia. Also today I've made official request for searching this parcel. In post office told that it will be found in any case, and EMS must return the difference in cost with normal shipping. When I'll receive it, I'll refund it to you.

I then asked for a refund and he said to wait till friday, and if he doesnt hear anything then he will send a full refund.

Today he said this....

Hello,
sorry for delay with reply, I am don't seat near PC during all day. You can open the dispute, this is your right, and claim , this is your right, and I even offered to you it yesterday. Today I called in central post office. They confirmed that parcel have left Estonia. EMS parcels usually send with direct plane to London. I think this parcel is in UK customs now. Post office confirmed to me that I can receive the difference in cost of EMS and Airmail shipping. I can refund your additional payment for 51 GBP immediately. For parcel I'll wait results of search. Let's will operate like described in eBay policy.
Regards

I just want a bloody refund, or atleast an idea of where the hell this parcel is.

I've rang parcelforce and they say its not been received in the UK yet.

?????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Ebay is at one off the worst times it has ever been, it is rampant with scammers.

Get your money and never use ebay to buy anything over 20 Quid.

Ebay is at one off the worst times it has ever been, it is rampant with scammers.

Get your money and never use ebay to buy anything over 20 Quid.

He is a good seller though because hes sold many of the same items, and theyve arrived in the UK and he got good feedback 100%

I dont feel its entirely his fault its lost but he needs to give me the money back, :Angryfire

He is a good seller though because hes sold many of the same items, and theyve arrived in the UK and he got good feedback 100%

I dont feel its entirely his fault its lost but he needs to give me the money back, :Angryfire

Maybe not in this case, although i got scammed by a member with a score of 2000+

like others said beware of scammers..

however even tho this guys english is bad he has done his best to inform you exactly whats going on..

may i suggest u wait a few days and see if it shows up in the uk then ask for full refund as he has already stated he will refund the extra £50 for the express delivery

Hello I am already did it. I have one client - she is the director of our local post office. I've asked to help she with this situation. She has told, that the greatest mistake, it to send something on December, 30th or 31. Also she has contacted with people who arrange EMS delivery from Estonia. Now I have following info: in EMS database parcel with this nr. don't have our customs mark. It means that it was lost somewhere here, in Estonia. Also today I've made official request for searching this parcel. In post office told that it will be found in any case, and EMS must return the difference in cost with normal shipping. When I'll receive it, I'll refund it to you.
The parcel wasn't logged as leaving Estonia (no customs stamp on docs), therefore was presumed to still be somewhere with EMS (Estonia Mail Service?).

Once he has received the difference in the cost of express postage to normal shipping he will refund it to you.

Hello,
sorry for delay with reply, I am don't seat near PC during all day. You can open the dispute, this is your right, and claim , this is your right, and I even offered to you it yesterday. Today I called in central post office. They confirmed that parcel have left Estonia. EMS parcels usually send with direct plane to London. I think this parcel is in UK customs now. Post office confirmed to me that I can receive the difference in cost of EMS and Airmail shipping. I can refund your additional payment for 51 GBP immediately. For parcel I'll wait results of search. Let's will operate like described in eBay policy.
Regards,
The parcel has now been logged as having left Estonia, and should now be with Parcel Farce (although could be in transit).

There shouldn't be any customs charge as import duty will have been charged in Estonia, which is part of the EU.

Just rang parcelforce, AGAIN
and they said the parcel isnt in England.

Open the dispute in Paypal and your payment will be suspended in my account. In this case situation will be the same for both sides.

what the bloody hell is he on about

Open the dispute in Paypal and your payment will be suspended in my account.
I assume he's just stating that if you open a dispute he won't be able to withdraw the funds from Paypal, and therefore your money would be protected. (But you know what 'they' say about assumptions!)
In this case situation will be the same for both sides.
This could mean that he would do the above if in your situation (i.e. open a dispute), but it could mean that if you sent stuff to Estonia at Christmas it would likely be delayed too.

To be honest Royal Snail/Parcel Farce won't admit its lost for at least 15 days. When you phone them are they actually getting off their arse and looking for it like the Estonian mail service seems to have done or are they just entering the tracking number on the screen? (Bare in mind you already know that 'computer says no!')

How long have you got before you can no longer raise a dispute? Only asking as this guy really seems to have done all he can at his end, so only fair to leave it another couple of weeks if possible. Now, I know that you've paid for express delivery, but the guy has already said he will refund the difference.

However, I will point out that if you accept the refund from the difference in postage without receiving the goods you won't be able to open a dispute later, as eBay/Paypal just see that a refund has been made not how much it was.

Last edited:
The extra Express delivery was payed for on another paypal account.

Ive asked for a refund and hes saying no because the parcel might arrive in england.

its pretty obvious its stuck in estonia because parcelforce say they do not have it yet, so i said to him i would give him the money back, send the receiver back if it does somehow get sent to me. And he would have proof of this from the parcelforce site saying "item received"

and i i dont send it then he could just open a dispute and say, that ive not sent an item.

I work for Parcelfarce and it's wank (always send stuff insured, you'll understand why if you see what goes on in the depot when they unload yer van). Anyhoo, from my limited 4 months experience international parcels usually take around 10 working days to arrive from their destination, so don't include bank hols and weekends. However, I have known one person on my round to have waited around 4 weeks.

From reading bits and pieces it sounds like it didn't actually get posted properly for 1 or 2 days.

Last edited:
I work for Parcelfarce and it's wank (always send stuff insured, you'll understand why if you see what goes on in the depot when they unload yer van). Anyhoo, from my limited 4 months experience international parcels usually take around 10 working days to arrive from their destination, so don't include bank hols and weekends. However, I have known one person on my round to have waited around 4 weeks.

From reading bits and pieces it sounds like it didn't actually get posted properly for 1 or 2 days.

hmm, so do you think its on its way - or lost in estonia ?
bear in mind, parcelforce say they havent received it yet

thanks for the help m8 :)

He wants me to wait upto another 7 working days because he has to get an official report from the postal service as to where the parcel is - only then he can refund me :(

open a paypal dispute m8

you only have something like 30 days from the purchase date to do this (i think)

Im starting to think that its parcelforce.
Ive seen a few parcelforce logs where it says " Left Origin Country " and then 12-14 days later... " Arrived in destination country "

SO it might not actually be lost - but just in transit / parcelforce being lazy.

As in they throw parcels about?

Yes. Say a driver is busy, the driver will position a cage somewhere near the back of their van and throw the unwanted parcels into this cage for someone else to take out. So wether it's fragile or not it just gets chucked in with other stuff being chucked on top of it. I've seen parcels cruched in cages because loaders/unloaders don't use common sense and put the heavy/bulkier items at the bottom and the smaller lighter ones on top. When we get back with our collections, items are usually chucked by the guy standing in the van on to the conveyor belt that goes in to the trailer that goes off to be sorted elsewhere. Example, I collected a box of fairing panels wednesday, got back, had my van unloaded and I heard a bang as though something heavy had hit the floor. It was infact the parcel with the fairing panels in it being chucked a few feet onto the conveyor. Managers do jack. One morning I was last to leave the depot and what were they doing? Chasing one another around the depot with broom handles trying to hit one another. Very poor. Bullying and harassment occurs. Cocksuckers get looked after others get shit on. Wank.

Ok smok3y do you think it will actually arrive or is it lost in the estonian post ?!?

Parcelforce said yesterday they havent received it...

Parcel number: EE******EE

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event
30-12-2008 17:47 Delivery Agent - TALLINN - PTT Left origin country
30-12-2008 17:36 Delivery Agent - TALLINN - PTT Arrived at Outward OE

Its stayed the same for nearly 12 days now !

Yeah he is but im not sure about the postal services

Back