Linux easy distro

Linux mint is probably the best windows to linux crossover ubuntu (my favourite) is probably the 2nd but most popular.

Id go for ubuntu as well. Used it for about 6 months and loved it.

ubuntu - I use many distributions on a daily basis but ubuntu is the best IMHO.

Ubuntu is probably the best Linux distro. You can use an interface like Windows or there are a few custom GUI's for it.

I tried to switch to it myself but could not find alternative programs to the ones I use all the time in Windows, even using Wine which runs windows programs within linux.

I use BrowserLinux ( built on Puppy Linux ), it's tiny approx 94mb, can be installed onto a USB flash drive or HDD even SD cards.

It's very basic and contains a choose of web browser, Firefox or Google Chrome, comes with Adobe flash, that's about the sum of it.

It can be found here:

BrowserLinux

screens4b3animate.gif

for noobies mint is easily one of the more accessible ones

although myself i run arch :) right on the bleeding edge

theres damn small linux as well , maybe not as supported as ubuntu but its err damn small, i think 55 meg install

for any newbie to linux the most important thing is to use genric hardware, linux will run on most hardware but i like to use weird and wonderful machines to run stuff like point of sales thin clients which linux doesnt always like.

Back