easy cap

gordy230

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi can someone help me work easy cap im trying to capture vhs to comp i got sound but now i aint cant get video is there a tut i can read ive tried you tube ive also downloaded klight coded pack i cant get it to work heeeeeeeeeelp plse ive also got the scart the 3 were the colour coded wires go in also

hi can someone help me work easy cap im trying to capture vhs to comp i got sound but now i aint cant get video is there a tut i can read ive tried you tube ive also downloaded klight coded pack i cant get it to work heeeeeeeeeelp plse ive also got the scart the 3 were the colour coded wires go in also

I'm not familiar with this but I'll make some assumptions. You want to copy a VHS tape and convert it to "a" format that will be usable on your PC. You have a bit of hardware ( a USB connection with a connector that has Composite Video and L+R audio on it ) Usually Yellow-White and Red.

You have connected this to your PC and have the software supplied.

What VHS player are you using and what outputs are you using? Does your VHS have composite and audio out or are you using a scart adapter?

I'm not familiar with this but I'll make some assumptions. You want to copy a VHS tape and convert it to "a" format that will be usable on your PC. You have a bit of hardware ( a USB connection with a connector that has Composite Video and L+R audio on it ) Usually Yellow-White and Red.

You have connected this to your PC and have the software supplied.

What VHS player are you using and what outputs are you using? Does your VHS have composite and audio out or are you using a scart adapter?

im using scart adapter plug into vcr with red yellow white wires into usb same wires load prog and nothing thanks

im using scart adapter plug into vcr with red yellow white wires into usb same wires load prog and nothing thanks

o.k. the video is sent over yellow and sound is sent red right and left black/white and these are connected correct. As little_pob asks. What is the make/brand of your capture device?

Also, is there an option on your VCR to output SVHS/VHS on the SCART?

o.k. the video is sent over yellow and sound is sent red right and left black/white and these are connected correct. As little_pob asks. What is the make/brand of your capture device?

Also, is there an option on your VCR to output SVHS/VHS on the SCART?

hi it is one i bought from internet easycap model no dc60 thanks for yer time

you can try a utility called amcap but you will need the drivers for USB capture device installed.

Also what O/S are you using and are there drivers for that device for your O/S ?

you can try a utility called amcap but you will need the drivers for USB capture device installed.

Also what O/S are you using and are there drivers for that device for your O/S ?

vista ive installed drivers for it checkd in device manager and its all ok thanks

Why can't you just use the software that came with the easycap ?
Its simple to use and is deffo winxp/vista/win 7 compatible because i use it.:proud:

Why can't you just use the software that came with the easycap ?
Its simple to use and is deffo winxp/vista/win 7 compatible because i use it.:proud:

thats what this thread is all about i cant get it to work and was looking for some help or a tut ive installed drivers software used scart red yellow white up to easy cap matched the wires start the programe and all i get is a blank screen what am i doing wrong out put on vhs composite cheers

Do the videos have macrovision? Just a thought.

i think its that time to get rid of my videos movies and my own videoed of my kids grown up thanks

So the vids you are trying to capture are home movies from a camcorder?

/ I only have 2 VHS tapes in my house and only have them because they are very special. Sold my Panasonic VHS on ebay last year for £50 :)

Is that S-Video?

Maybe your video doesn't have it. I've seen SCART with missing S-Video and composite, probably to save money.

Theres 2 versions of easycap, you prob have the shite version the doesnt support 50hrz or 60hrz, i had a cheapo one from ebay to capture my xbox it didnt work i had to buy the dc60+ version to get it working.

You prob have the version i was lumbered with which is crap. If it cost less than a tenner you have the shite one so good luck getting it to work and even if it does it'll prob be black and white.

The other one i bought was double the cost but did have all the support and good drivers.

Please dont ask me to talk you through it as i wouldnt know as it took me hours and hours to suss i had the crap version then when i got the good version i followed a tut (googled) and it worked.

Theres 2 versions of easycap, you prob have the shite version the doesnt support 50hrz or 60hrz, i had a cheapo one from ebay to capture my xbox it didnt work i had to buy the dc60+ version to get it working.

You prob have the version i was lumbered with which is crap. If it cost less than a tenner you have the shite one so good luck getting it to work and even if it does it'll prob be black and white.

The other one i bought was double the cost but did have all the support and good drivers.

Please dont ask me to talk you through it as i wouldnt know as it took me hours and hours to suss i had the crap version then when i got the good version i followed a tut (googled) and it worked.

awe right i wilnae

Back