EA boss 'reveals PS3 wand name'

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Electronic Arts chief executive John Riccitiello has reportedly revealed that the forthcoming PS3 motion controller will be called the 'Gem'.

Speaking at the UBS 37th Annual Global Media Conference today, Riccitiello appeared to name the as-yet-untitled motion device while talking about console innovation, reports IGN.

"In the coming year, both Sony and Microsoft have announced new controllers," he said. "Motion sensor controls, Natal and Gem, these are likely to bring new consumers into the marketplace."

As no further explanation was supplied, Riccitiello could simply be referring to the glowing light on the end of the device or could be using an acronym.

In response, a Sony spokesperson said: "No official name for the PlayStation motion controller has been announced."

Gaming - News - EA boss 'reveals PS3 wand name' - Digital Spy

Gem.. Nice....

In partnership with the console which is known as a "heap of shite"..

Gem.. Nice....

In partnership with the console which is known as a "heap of shite"..
xbox 360 also known as the poor mans ps3 lol

Last edited:
Motion sensing sells.

All it'll mean is there will be a shitload of utter shit released on the 360 and PS3 aimed at 'casual gamers' (grannies).

God, I hate the fooking Wii ;)

@ Die5el, I think you'll find that most real gamers own BOTH machines and aren't Fanboys of any particular machine.

@ Die5el, I think you'll find that most real gamers own BOTH machines and aren't Fanboys of any particular machine.
3 xboxes in 18 months all failed with the rrod wouldnt touch an xbox now even if i was given one free btw not a fan boy of the ps3 but so far my ps3 has out lasted 3 xboxes as for the wii just sold mine(was chipped) for £50 thats how much the family used it

Last edited:
And I can equally argue that none of my Xbox's have failed!

Well, apart fom being banned :)

I've got 3 360's, 1 PS3 and a (puke) Wii.

2 of my 360's have been banned from Xbox Live but otherwise perfectly healthy.

My original release 360 (2005) is still going strong, never had any problems.

Hardware failures on early 360's were attrocious, it's true. But things are much better now and it's a fine High definition gaming platform regardlessof hardware issues, same as the PS3.

3 Xbox's in 18 months is either an exaggeration or your really doing somethign wrong,lol ;)

3 Xbox's in 18 months is either an exaggeration or your really doing somethign wrong,lol ;)
Honest truth W ..Even i was scratching my head when the third one failed lol Just bought another ps3 for the misses to use it might give mine a rest lol

Last edited:
Honest truth W ..Even i was scratching my head when the third one failed lol Just bought another ps3 for the misses to use it might give mine a rest lol

Honest truth mate.....if I had lost 3 Xbox's in 18 months, I'd be stalking Bill Gates with a sniper rifle and a huge dildo!

;)

Honest truth mate.....if I had lost 3 Xbox's in 18 months, I'd be stalking Bill Gates with a sniper rifle and a huge dildo!

;)
Thats why i gave up on the Xbox360

Thats why i gave up on the Xbox360

It's bizarre mate.

I can't blame you!

lol

I don't think I'd have even bought the 3rd one after the last 2 you had!

BTW, why didn't u get them repaired under warranty?

It's bizarre mate.

I can't blame you!

lol

I don't think I'd have even bought the 3rd one after the last 2 you had!

BTW, why didn't u get them repaired under warranty?
sold the other 2 after microshaft fixed them got the third one here will try after christmas to see if they will repair it. i have tried the towel repair its not having any of it even thinking of baking the 3rd one lol nothing to lose

Back