Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

dyno jet

R

rufus

right dont know if you remember i was asking for an exhaust for zx6r and i now have finally got one of ebay (micron carbon fibre)well i just found out that i have to dyno jet the bike which i was quoted £210 thats including labour and parts (jet kit ,air filter)he told me the parts were £160 that was twice what i paid for the can itself .was again because im tight i need good links for the bits
thanks

Dynojet kit for Kawasaki ZX6R,

F-Models-95-97 =£75.73+vat
G-Models-98-99=£75.73+vat
00-01-Model=£83.17+vat

If that's any help.:rolleyes:

thanks frugal
i presume thats only the jetkit sorry mate the price for both kit and filter,is it from you do you sell them
thanks

OK,

Say the kit was £76, £45 for the K&N and £90 (£211) to fit. I would say that your quoted price was realistic for the work.

The parts seem a little expensive but the £50 for the fitting is cheap.

Why dont you try telling him that you you have seen the kit & filter for £120. He may be willing to drop his price to get the work.

;)

u do not need to dynojet your bike it will run well on micron exhaust the only time u need to dynojet is if your are riding flat out for long periods of time the roads and cops here dont allow it here if you want to dynojet it will give a little more power are take out flat spots in the mid rev range

thanks pipehose it does seem a little flat in mid rev so i have booked it in and there going to service it as well its three years old and never been serviced properly but then again its only done 3900 miles and i know its genuine because i bought it of my brother in law

Originally posted by pipehose
u do not need to dynojet your bike it will run well on micron exhaust the only time u need to dynojet is if your are riding flat out for long periods of time the roads and cops here dont allow it here if you want to dynojet it will give a little more power are take out flat spots in the mid rev range

Good point,
For all that money you will at most get a 5% increace of power
hence with that bike you probably wouldn't notice any diference.:(

rufus ask for your old air filter back as when you go to sell or trade you bike in the dealer will not give you any extra for the parts you have put on your bike and you could get a few quid back on them in an auction as you bought your exhaust from one also ask dealer for the standard jets back as he will be putting new ones in this lets you know they have been fitted also if he can give you a dyno chart before and after work is done this will tell you the power increase watch out there is con men out there espically bike dealers if they think you are the type who may know nothing about bikes hope this is helpful to you
regards pipehose

good exhaust to go for

after years of dynotesting and fitting of exhausts the best I've come across are blue flame, mig and yosh. The worst were art and micron they had many flat spots and poor running. M&P is a good guide for prices on stage123 dyno kits

Back