DVD Writer under £20

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
This drive writes all commonly available discs including the latest high-capacity double-layer discs. It may be cheap, but it's not sub-standard. It uses Philips technology. Philips co-invented the CDR, so they should know a lot about optical drives!

Witness the latest technology:
- 8.5GB storage capacity on a single sided double layer disc
- Double layer writer for +R and -R, Double Layer media

Extreme Reliability and Robustness:
- Safe and reliable rewriting with Seamless Link
- Dynamic Calibration ensure writing quality at high DVD speed
- Optimum recording speed for any recordable disc
- Confidently play your DVDs on all drives and set-top devices
- Best writing quality at high DVD speed

Superior Performance:
- 16x top writing speed on DVDR
- Fast recording of your (re)writable discs
- 8x writing on DVD+R DL

Convenience:
- Plug & Play for easier installation

Specifications:
Read Speed (maximum):
DVD: 16x
CD: 48x

Write Speed (maximum):
DVD-R: 16x
DVD-R DL: 4x
DVD-RW: 6x
DVD+R: 16x
DVD+RW: 8x
DVD+R DL: 8x
CDR: 48x
CDRW: 24x

Buffer Size: 2MB

Dimensions (WxDxH): 145 x 170 x 41.3mm
Weight (approx): 900g

All of our current range of DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW and CDR/RW media should function perfectly with this DVD writer.

This unit comes with a 1 year guarantee from the date of purchase.

bargain

its available in beige only out of stock in black. just ordered mine

good site just made an order, promo code "topservice" wounld have got us £1.99 delivery, but expired last night:( gutted

cheers:Clap:

Back in stock again now.

Black or beige writers for £19.99 Inc Vat £5.49 next business day delivery.

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

really good writer, fast as fook, well worth the money.
i got one about 2 weeks ago, i did post it on here but you all must have missed it.

It's not really that much of a deal if you live close enough to a decent computer supplier though. Most places like Micro Direct and Scan etc now sell Pioneer 110's for £29.00

Still a good find though, cheers mate. :)

£19 vs £29 hmmm. If you're just ordering that and paying full postage ok, but otherwise its good. Got a black bezel one - and it's a lot better than previous Phillips models - I believe its a rebadged liteon

Copied Dvd Or Multi Region

Hi All

Please can someone tell me if this is a multi region dvd player, i.e. will it play my cd's brought from abroad such as Taiwan and Singapore or the US.

Thanks

learner1 said:
Hi All

Please can someone tell me if this is a multi region dvd player, i.e. will it play my cd's brought from abroad such as Taiwan and Singapore or the US.

Thanks

Your pc will play any region if you use VLC player :proud:

learner1 said:
Hi All

Thanks

run ANYDVD from slysoft website, and your player will be region free.

Thnx for the advice guys.

I've used VLC for a lonf time now but it won't play foreign dvd's it's the DVD Drive that's causing the issue. I tired anydvd aswell but found it will only play some and not all the dvd even if they were bought from the same place abroad.

The drive in question is A SONY DRU-530A dvd rw/rom

it's rpc-1 protected and I have tried various softwares that claim to remove rpc1 and other security measures.

Thnx for the help guys and I would really appreciate if someone can verify if this PHILLIPS dvd rw will play all.

I've got 2 different laptops and they play everything and anything.

Regards

Back