DVD-RW prob

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got me new pc with a dvd-rw and dvd-rom but seem to have a prob with the dvdrw drive,it seems to play a film ok,records ok but the audio through it is a bit garbled... even trying an audio cd the sound is garbled..... but when i recorded a film and audio cd if tried in the dvd-rom the audio is fine but garbled when tried in the dvd-rw..... i have phoned savastore and an engineer is spose to be phoning me but the bloke on the phone said about sending the whole pc back or just the dvd-rw.... any ideas at what it could be.........

Mmm. with most pc probs its a process of elimination, however, with this u can rule out the disk - cus it plays ok in dvd rom, u can rule out the data cable as u can record ok...and drive must also b ok as again records ok.

When i play music back on mine and i have a lot going on in the background it can cause music to grind a little ....

Is it all garbled or intermittent ??

Try downloading the new media player 10 if you dont already have it, might be that whats the problem..

reddevil said:
Try downloading the new media player 10 if you dont already have it, might be that whats the problem..
Got it m8,does it on that player and my power-dvd player :)

if you go into the device manager, select dvd/cd drives/properties

Make sure the Enable digital audio box is ticked (for the dvd-rw drive), if it is untick it then try see if thats the problem.

I had a weird problem a while ago that made audio CDs sound like they were being sung by Daeleks after recording them on my CDRW LMAO.

It was an ASPI problem.

You could try plugging the CD audio cable into the DVDRW drive to see if that helps, maybe a driver problem is causing playback through the IDE bus to be garbled.

Back