DVD Region Code Hack

jkyle42

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looking for some info guys if anyone can help, Just got a cheap dvd player select dvd1047UK but cant play some of my dvd's on it, its region locked. can you get a unlock code for this dvd player to make it region free, havr tried google but cant find this model.

Any help would be great,
many thanks J.

the only info i can find on the net about this player is from bubbly mick, and he says pretty much the same as you m8, theers a fluke lol

Hi,
I bought a dvd player from superdrug its model is a 'select' and the model number appears to be dvd1047uk.
and i need to find out how to hack it so i can play multi regional dvds.
can anyone help?

and the place i normally use, just has this :(

Curtis DVD1047 No hacks
Woolworths Worthit! DVD1047UKW No hacks

This hack is for a curtis dvd player but a different model but always worth a try
Turn the player on.
Press and hold Clear until the screen turns dark.
Now enter a region code (0 is default, or 1 - 8).
Press and hold Clear. The opening screen comes back.
The default code (Region 0) is reset when the unit is turned off.

It seems (and this should be verified on more players) that if you enter the number 13 instead of the zone, it makes the player multizone permanently.

that model is also the same as a Craig dvd1047 and a Curtis dvd1047

not found a hack yet though, but will keep looking.

I, too, have a WorthIt DVD1047UKW DVD player and have yet to find a hack for the Region Code or to disable MacroVision. I've tried the possible methods listed above, but none of those work, either.

Anyone else seeing this post have any thoughts or luck?

This worked for my Woolworths DVD1047UKW but can also be used on the curtis dvd1047

1. Connect the DVD player with TV & let the unit be in “NO DISC” status
2. On the remote control, press “SETUP” button
3. Press VOL+ button
4. Press VOL- button
5. Repeat 3rd and 4th steps until you note a digit appearing on top right of the TV screen.
6. Press left and right buttons around the “ENTER” button to get 255 on the screen (This is Region 0 means region-free status).
7. Press “ENTER”.
8. Press “SETUP” button twice to exit.

Great stuff, been looking for a hack for this player for months. I have the Woolworths Worthit dvd1047ukw dvd, kgibbings hack does work. Whilst pressing volume+ and volume- there is a feeling of someone out there is pulling my plo**er but low and behold the number does appear in top right corner and 255 is optained by pressing left and right and player is now region free. I had the drawer open not in the "no disc" status so try this if kgibbings method fails. How the hell did he get to it in the first place?

Back