CD & DVD dvd receiver home cinema surround sound

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing a Kenwood DVT-7000...............details of the system can be found on www.tecstar.co.uk .....take a look!!..I asked if it would play any disc you put in it,but he just answered me with a load of technical stuff!!!

The salesman said a code can be entered to make it region free... to play copied DVD's...etc.....(what's he on about???????????)

I am new to all this ...so can anyone advise me on my future purchase..

any info will be greatly appreciated;)

Gary

You could do better for the money. Suggest you buy some mags and get a feel for the jargon and read reviews. Entering a code can make a player region free (play imported discs) but it won't have any effect on whether it can play copied discs or not.

So what may you suggest to me m8.......as in the complete home cinema system?

cheers

Gary

Kenwood are a good make Jock, but I would try www.richersounds.co.uk as you can get the systems pre-chipped and they will honour the warrenty ect....

They also Have a room where you can 'try before you buy' so you can fiddle with each package and decide yourself what the benefits are ect..

Ask yourself what you want the system to do then see whats on offer and anything extra is a bonus eh.

Couldn't agree more. The staff are friendly and won't try and blind you with guff. They're also helpful if you have any problems either in or out of warranty. And you won't find anything cheaper.

Personally I'd go for Sony if I was looking for an all in one system but try before you buy.

Hi guys...went to richer sounds today and got myself the whole cinema and DVD package....the guys at this place are top blokes, told them I havent a clue to what i need to make up a home cinema and region free DVD package.
Simon,the guy at the shop was bending over backwards to find the best equipment that would suit my budget and even drew me out a diagram of how it all connects up
:Clap:
and to top it all it was £80 cheaper than an all in one system from a high street audio/visual dealer.....

top marks to richer sounds:Clap: ...very professional store:Clap: :Clap:

Thanks again guys for pointing this company out to me

Gary

Back